“Best place for sushi in Fresno/Clovis.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 236 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
New Jersey
“Best place for sushi in Fresno/Clovis.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

If you really love sushi (not talking about rolls) this is the place.
I can tan't talk about the other other dishes and rolls, as I never had
anything but sushi here.

The fish is always fresh, the rice is just right.

Nothing fancy, and they have never disappointed me.
Been going there for over 10 years.

I find the prices very reasonable, comparable to other sushi bars.

• Visited September 2011

Fresno, California
“Nice but too pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stopped by the restaurant on a week night looking for a casual family meal. It had been a busy day and the kids were still on Christmas break so no one felt like cooking.

We were seated immediately and there were not a lot of people in the restaurant. The sushi bar had some customers. We opted for a table as it was my wife and I with our two young sons.

I ordered a Japanese beer that was quickly brought out with a chilled glass. The first thing I noticed was the prices seemed high for the restaurant's locaton. The service was good but the portions seemed a little small for the price.

I ordered a chicken and shrimp combination plate that came with miso soup and a salad. The salad containd a blend of differnt types of lettuce with a light dressing.

If the prices were a bit lower and the portions a bit larger, i would go back again.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palo Alto, California
“Best sushi in Fresno, hands down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

If you like imaginative rolls with cute names, don't bother. But if you have eaten sushi in Japan, you will be very pleased. Kijima-san knows fish and is very particular about what he serves. The decor is nothing special. The service is good, not gushy. It's really all about the food, and especially the fresh seafood at the sushi bar. Let Kijima-san make suggestions. He'll take good care of you. I have tried other sushi places in Fresno, but since finding Kijima, I won't waste my time elsewhere.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“This is the place to go for fresh sushi...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010 via mobile

This is the place to go for fresh sushi. Forget Japanese kitchen and their disgusting lukewarm poor excuses for sushi this place is very pricey but worth it. I come from a Japanese family and this is the only place my grandparents will go. Hint to all customers when you walk in and see all Japanese customers you have come to the right place, everything from the Udon to the tempura is perfect and authentic. Mind you there is no fried rice or philidelphia rolls here just fresh home made Japanese food sushi purist will love. Expensive but worth it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere