“Best Value in Town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Yuba City, California
“Best Value in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I needed to come to Clovis for business so online I went to find some reasonably priced motel that wasn't a dump. I took a chance on this motel and it is pretty good. I got the Queen Kitchenette Suite for under $75 INCLUDING taxes! (Summer sale) First of all, it is clean. Has a flat screen tv, fridge with separate freezer, coffee pot, microwave, kitchen sink and cabinets, regular closet with a real door, bathroom has lots of space, high speed WIFI, free local calls and cable. The bed is fine, just not all poofy like a high priced places. Parking lot isn't special but big spaces for cars. The couple in the office were very nice. 2 miles from the Fresno Intl Airport.They have a clean pool, free continental breakfast and AC which is good since it is 102 today! Non smoking motel. I'll be back when I am in the area.

Room Tip: I got a special on the queen kitchenette but I also noticed other rooms have ceiling fans. My room w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

When travelling, whenever it's possible, I prefere skipping big cities and getting an accomodation in smaller ones.That's why I opted for a night in Clovis instead of the close Fresno. This proved a wise choice since Clovis is a neat lovely town. Before my arrival I had had a look on Tripadvisor about which motel might suit me the best and the America's Best Value Inn was the one I had picked. Reaching the motel I was at first sight a little perplexed about my choice since it was located on a busy street, the surrounding buildings did not seem to look good and I couldn't say how far it was from downtown. When I saw my room I understood on the spot I had made the right decision. It was not a normal room but a studio, equipped with a kitchenette, clean and spacious. The rate was correct and I could make use of whatever I needed to prepare a meal. After unloading the luggage from my car I went exploring the surrounding area and I discovered that downtown was just a few minutes away on Clovis Avenue and that several shopping opportunities were just as close. Despite being on a busy street I can grant that at night time the area is quiet. Guests have access to a swimming pool and in the morning they can enjoy a very basic breakfast consisting of coffee and pastries, Despite not an issue the breakfats quality is the only flaw I found. Every member of the staff I dealt with was kind and friendly. Can I recommend the Americas Best Value Inn in Clovis? YES without any doubt. Should I be in the area again that's the place where I shall stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here while attending a get together for Foreign Exchange Students and their families in Fresno. When we saw the area where the hotel was located (surrounding buildings were pretty old and outdated) we were pleasantly surprised at the looks of the hotel from the outside. When we went to our room we were even more impressed as the room was very nicely decorated and up to date. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. The only minor complaints were the towels were scratchy and the pool was not heated. The air conditioner was very loud but luckily the room was equipped with a nice ceiling fan so we just turned off the air conditioner during the night and turned the ceiling fan on high and it was very pleasant and quiet. I would stay here again if we were ever in this area again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salem OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend and it was very nice. The room was a 2 queen bed with kitchenette and it was huge! The staff was friendly, the place was quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The room had a nice flat screen tv also. I would definitely stay here again. We chose this location because it was close to our relatives in the area and was definitely the best deal for the money. We also did not want to stay in the town of Fresno based off of what family had told us and after reading online reviews. The only complaints about this place would be that it was hard to pull into the driveway due to barriers on the road out front. You have to do sort of a u-turn to get in there but it was not a busy road so it really wasn't that big of a problem. And the bathroom lay out was definitely different but not necessarily in a bad way. You had to walk down a hall around the shower enclosure to get to where the toilet actually was.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the ice machine request to be close to the office because they are right...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Great price, nice people, good location, remodeled rooms and big, and lg tv with hbo. We were looking for a place to crash after an anniversary party and only slept here. We were impressed with how large the room was. Also the granite kitchen and bathroom. It was very quiet for on a major road. The heater was noisy. The breakfast minimal but we didn't expect one. Good value.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

there were some new rooms built on the hotel towards the left side, the ac was working good when we entered the room and the tv is a new flat screen which was nice for my playstation. It was a nice hotel that didn't charge too much, would stay again.

Room Tip: rooms on the right hand side of the hotel are newer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

5 stars for service, decor and new furnishings of high quality ,comfy beds too & lots of Granite! nice swimming pool, amenities are plenty for even a long term stay but I only stayed for 4 nights visiting Clovis on business and a little pleasure too (Yosemite was only an hour away i had to...)
great place top stay in Clovis it really lives up to its name (Americas Best Value) I will stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Clovis/Fresno? Share your experiences!