“Liked the new rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Liked the new rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

there were some new rooms built on the hotel towards the left side, the ac was working good when we entered the room and the tv is a new flat screen which was nice for my playstation. It was a nice hotel that didn't charge too much, would stay again.

Room Tip: rooms on the right hand side of the hotel are newer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

5 stars for service, decor and new furnishings of high quality ,comfy beds too & lots of Granite! nice swimming pool, amenities are plenty for even a long term stay but I only stayed for 4 nights visiting Clovis on business and a little pleasure too (Yosemite was only an hour away i had to...)
great place top stay in Clovis it really lives up to its name (Americas Best Value) I will stay here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Proctorville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My friend and I checked in rather late one night. We just wanted to get to our hotel and go to bed. Well, when we went to check in the lobby smelled like curry. We were given a key and went to our room. There was no where to park because of all the road workers equiptment on the parking lot. Upon entering the room, the room smelled like curry. My friend and I always check everything when we get there. Well, we found hairs in the bed. So we went back and asked for another room. We were given the size room we had originally booked online. Why he didn't give us that room in the first place I don't know. This room was HUGE but it too smelled like curry! It was clean until we got to looking in the bed and yet again found hairs! We decided to go look for another hotel. The man at the front desk all but called us liars about the hairs. He became argumentative but did end up giving us a refund.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Modesto, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

When we drove up I thought oh no! However the room was
large, clean and nicely decorated. For the money the room was very nice. Towels were dingy and small. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Ridgecrest, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Great location, spacious room. There were only a couple of draw-backs. 1. The towels were not laundered sufficiently, they were dingy and very gray, and they were very rough Yuck! 2. We were put in a first floor room and even though there were many empty rooms each night of our stay other guests were put in the room directly above us, this resulted in sleep disturbance as they were Noisy. Could more consideration and thought be given to assignment of rooms by the staff? This would be a Great place if the mgmt. would see fit to give consideration to and institute these changes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Touring California and the canyons of Utah/Arizona we were in Clovis to attend the rodeo - too good an opportunity to miss as we had never been to anytihng like it before (it was great!!). This motel could not have been more convenient and was a real find. Great value rooms of a really good size. Very clean and comfortable. The layout of the place in a square with some single storey and some double storey was different from many more conventional motels and had a community feel to it.

Really no downside to staying here - we only stayed 1 night but if we were looking to stay longer in the Fresno area then this seemed to tick all the boxes without breaking the bank!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

4/20-22/12
ABV-Clovis on Clovis Ave. was very pleasant. I am a bit OCD when it comes to hotels... I disinfect the room before I unpack, check for hair in the bathroom, run the sink and tub faucet/shower head to ensure adequate water pressure and check for slow drains... All checked out fine. Previously, I called the hotel several times to ask questions regarding the negative reviews I read.. but they assured me I need not worry.

I was pleased with my accomodations. Flat screen TV is very nice tho the remote did not operate from the bed farthest from the TV and because the room is so large, it makes the TV look small in the room. CLEANLINESS: Property: Very well kept and clean. Room: Overall, pretty good tho when I wiped the floor in bathroom and kitchenette ara with a wipe, it was a little dirty.. this is why I NEVER walk barefoot or in socks in hotel rooms. SIZE: Very spaceous. NOISE: Quiet location. RECEPTION/STAFF: Very friendly and accomodating. NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: 1. Floors dirty. 2. Chairs in non-smoking rooms have many cigarette holes on them (This is why dogs are much better tenants than smokers). 3. Not enough towels. When I asked for extra towels, I received them quickly. BEDS: Very comfortable. KITCHENETTE: Very useful for me to prepare my lunch for the next day... I always bring my own utensils/plates.

I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Clovis/Fresno? Share your experiences!