“One of the great undiscovered treasures in Clovis, affordable prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mad Duck

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 239 Restaurants in Clovis
Cuisines: American, Californian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: About the Duck We are a family of seven friends who wanted to build a restaurant that values integrity over profits, quality over laziness, and our guests above all. When we first got the idea for the Duck we wanted to do it right, we wanted to do it simply, most of all we wanted to do what we love, work together and make great food. Our restaurant is our testament to what we think restaurants should be; fresh, friendly, and lively. Hope to see you soon, and often!
Clovis, California
“One of the great undiscovered treasures in Clovis, affordable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I found this place by accident --it sits in the Target Shopping Center on Willow & Herndon. What a treat great prices and great Turkey Burgers and Fries. It's a Sports Bar too where you can meet up with friends and shoot the breeze while watching a game.

San Jose, California
“Just what Clovis needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The Mad Duck is just what Clovis, California has needed for a while. Although not a very family orientated based restaurant it is very welcome to many kids because of the rubber duck logo they have. At the Duck it has the atmosphere of a Bennigans Bar & Grill just a smaller cozier size. The restaurant is on the smaller side as the bar takes up more than a 1/4 of the entire size, but the nice fixtures, colors, and seating make it seem spacious. What I really found interesting was the fact that they use plastic utensils for their dining in. When thinking about it it is such a smart idea! It is a relaxed home feeled kind of restaurant and frankly plastic makes a restaurant easier to run because of no dishwashing of forks and spoons! I also liked that they were supporting the community by using Trader Joe's Salt and Pepper shakers! Great way to fund the local community stores!

Food: The food here is simple but has a unique twist to it. I tried the Steak Salad and was surprised to see that it came in a metal mixing bowl, something quirky but refreshing to see. Sandwich I tried was also good as the bread was warm and crispy. Prices are great as there is nothing more expensive than $9.95. The only thing I wished was that there was more of a variety on the menu. Only mainly burgers and salads, I wish there would be something simple like a pasta with the amazing shrimp they cook for their sandwiches. But that is okay! There is still plenty to choose from.

Service: Service is great, staff is welcoming and friendly. Prompt in refills, which isn't that easy in restaurant these days!

Location: Great and easy to find! Located in the Target Shopping Center on Willow and Herndon, easy location for me to catch lunch and head back out.

Overall, the Mad Duck in Clovis is a place for the single crowds to hang out and meet new people. It has the feel of a comfortable hangout site to grab a bite and watch the sports games on one of the 4 HD TV's that I saw around the restaurant.

Will be back to the Duck soon to try our some of the new things coming my way!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere