“Business” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Sacramento, United States
“Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Clean rooms, great staff, and excellent amenities. I was alerted that their were some issues with one of my cards by the clerk. The staff was patient and provide me with option in case I was not able to resolve the issue. Thankful the issue was easy to resolve and my stay went great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff of the Homewood Suites Clovis, thank you for being our guest. I am so pleased you had a great experience while you stayed with us. Our staff takes pride in the service we provide and I am so pleased we were able to assist you with the issues with your card. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We hope the Homewood Suites will be home away from home on your next trip to the Clovis area. Thanks for traveling.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clovis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Centrally located close to anything you need. Clean and presentable. Staff is friendly. Breakfast needs improvement. Pool is a nice way to unwind. My room was a bit noisy with street noise and not sure if this was just my room or a hotel-wide issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for being a guest of the Homewood Suites in Clovis. We appreciate you take the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am concerned you did not find our breakfast up to your standards. We follow Hilton requirements when it comes to all our meals, but apparently we must have fallen short during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology. Should you wish to invoke our 100% Suite Assurance guarantee, please contact me personally at amy.overton@hilton.com. Thank you again for your invaluable insight and feedback. We hope you will consider being a guest at our hotel in the future.
Meadville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel is far and above any other I've stayed in recently. It was the cleanest in the room and all other areas and had the most helpful and friendly staff. Excellent in every category and I hope that there is a Homewood Suites close to my next destination.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review of the Homewood Suites in Clovis! I am so pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am anxious to share your comments with our staff members. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and I hope you will continue to choose the Homewood Suites as your home away from home when you travel in the future.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay when I do business in Fresno. My stays are generally 2-3 days. During my last visit I was informed by hotel staff that because of my government rate they would not accept future reservation for this hotel. They are NO LONGER accepting reservations from short-term stay government rate customers. They have decided to accept these at the Hampton across the way. Although this is an acceptable hotel, it is not equal to the very nice Homewood Suites and I will not stay there. As a loyal customer I am disappointed with this policy change. Please note this change to their policies and make reservations at other hotels accordingly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience at the Homewood Suites in Clovis. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel and its services. I apologize for us not having a government rate available when you attempted to make your reservation. Due to the unique nature of our extended stay hotel, government rates are available for a minimum number of our suites. Once those suites have been reserved, alternate government rates may be available. Since the state & federal government rates are so popular, the further in advance you can make your reservation the more likely we will be able to accomodate you at our hotel. Once again, thank you for your interest in the Homewood Suites Clovis and on behalf of our staff we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you on a future trip to the area.
Eastvale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

There were no weaknesses at this hotel. Still looks fairly new and the staff was always accommodating. Good value for the price. The complimentary breakfast was good for what it was. If it's not that busy the food can sit and lack freshness. Overall would stay there again in a heartbeat. Could be a little closer to the freeway too.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
On behalf of the staff of the Homewood Suites Clovis, thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others. We take great price in our hotel, and our staff in the service we provide to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the fact that you would stay with us again. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Thanks for travelling!
Middle Kingdom, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

First, let me say that the Homewood Suites facility was clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was above average. The staff was friendly and as helpful as they could be. I'll give 4 stars for that. My low rating is not about the facility or the staff.

This is what happened to us...

My son was getting married in Clovis. We made a reservation for four nights in a two bedroom suite (2 queens & 1 king) for my wife and I, our daughter, our son, his wife and their baby. We made this reservation 2 and 1/2 months in advance. We recommended this hotel to our family. We rented a room for the wedding photographer. In all, we were directly or indirectly responsible for 8 rooms reserved for the weekend.

On the day we were to arrive, the hotel phoned us to say the 2 bedroom suite was unavailable due to an extended stay and they had moved us to adjoining 1 bedroom suites (1 king and 1 king). They offered this for the same price saying it was a good deal because we were getting two rooms at that price.

From my perspective, this was not a good deal. We lost a bed in this arrangement as we went from 2 queens and a king to 2 kings: 3 beds to 2 beds. This deal didn't honor a reservation held for over 2 months. This deal moved my daughter to a sofa bed.

I complained that we had the reservation for 2 and 1/2 months, we were giving up a bed, and a number of rooms had been rented by other family members based upon our recommendation. I requested a discount and the hotel responded by taking 10% off the price. That was 'the best they could do."

For us, a 10% discount did not make up for the loss of a bed, the failure to honor a reservation we held over 2 months, and our recommending the hotel to our extended family and friends. If we had time, I would have changed to a different hotel, but we were already on the road with a full wedding preparation schedule ahead of us. We had little choice but to go ahead with this arrangement.

When we checked in, I asked for an explanation of why our reservation was not honored. The clerk explained since they were an 'extended stay' hotel, sometimes guests extended their stay beyond what was expected. In this case, there are only 3 2-bedroom suites and the people in those rooms were extending their stay.

The hotel manager never spoke to us about this situation, but left it to the front desk clerks to deal with us. It felt like I was negotiating with a car salesman and having to wait while he ran to the back room to see what deal the manager was going to offer, then coming back to make us the 'best offer they could."

I was and still am very disappointed in how this situation was handled. Homewood Suites failed us at the customer service level. A bigger discount would have helped. Being contacted by the hotel manager to explain and apologize about the situation would have helped. But apparently, working with us to help resolve the situation was beyond the level of customer service they were willing to offer.

I would be hard pressed to ever stay in this hotel again because of this. There is a Hampton Inn right across the parking lot.

Be advised, a reservation at an extended stay hotel may not mean what you think it does.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for the taking the time to review your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Clovis on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of suite you had reserved. Our goal is to always meet and exceed our guests' expectations with their requests. Unfortunately due to the nature of our hotel, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Most often, guests extend their stay because their residence was not ready to be occupied by the time they had scheduled to depart the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you and your family experienced. On behalf of the entire staff of the Homewood Suites Clovis, congratulations on your son's wedding. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your guests and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future should you return the Clovis area.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our first time in a Homewood Suites and what a very pleasant surprise.
The suite had a fully fitted kitchen, a lounge area with quality furnishings, separate bedroom and a large bathroom. The suite was also spotlessly clean.
Included in the rate was a complimentary breakfast which was very, very good.
All the staff were friendly and gave excellent service - well done to them all.
There is a shopping mall close by with many restaurants.
We will definitely look out for Homewood Suites on our future vacations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AmyHWSGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites as your home away from home! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and have now become a fan of Homewood Suites when you travel. Please consider becoming a HHonors member if you are not already one, as your loyalty to Hilton hotels is rewarded with each stay you have at a Hilton hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Hilton Garden Inn Clovis
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis? Share your experiences!