“Great location for business” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great location for business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very friendly staff and decent breakfast. I frequent this hotel and have had consistent behavior from the kitchen staff to the front desk. Good for families as well and the free breakfast is a good kickstart. There is a Starbucks within a mile or so at which I stop for a quick coffee before going to the office. The elevators can be a bit of a hike.

Room Tip: I don't have a necessarily quiet room, however, when you head to breakfast in the morning cut ac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
amycoverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff of the Homewood Suites Clovis, thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and our staff. We take great pride in our hotel and it is wonderful when our guests recognize that fact. It was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the Clovis area.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites-Clovis for a week on business. I was greeted with a smile and a genuine "how are you today?" by almost every employee-housekeeping, kitchen staff, front desk, etc. So refreshing! I genuinely felt like a guest and not an inconvenience. This hotel exceeded my expectations. The rooms are like 1 bedroom apartments, complete with a full kitchen, dining area, living room, and a separate bedroom. The full, warm breakfast in the morning was delicious. They even serve a light dinner most evenings which I never attended but they were always popular. There is a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5-mile radius. I wanted to go to Old Town Clovis, and an employee cheerfully drove me there and dropped me off at her favorite store, with shopping advice. When I was ready to be picked up, I called the front desk, and the shuttle was there within 10 minutes to bring me back to the hotel.

I truly have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Would stay here again if my travels ever brought me back to the Fresno area.

Room Tip: Side doors are a little loud, I'd request anything but lower level.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
amycoverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites in Clovis. Our associates take great pride in our hotel and I am glad you experienced such a pleasurable stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to sharing your review with everyone. On behalf of our entire staff at the Homewood Suites in Clovis, we appreciate your referrals and hope to be of service to you again in the future.
Redondo Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I grew up in Central California and now live out of the area. I had a family event to attend to so I searched for a hotel. I have stayed in Homewood Suites before and I like it because it offers a very good hot breakfast. This one also offers a free dinner Mon. -Thurs.
There is a migration to the north parts of the city. So all the newer,more upscale and safer areas are in North Fresno and adjacent Clovis,
Our room was clean and quiet and the staff was very friendly. It is located on a quiet street but is close to Savemart Center and Fresno State University. This property has a Jack and Jill set up as it is adjacent to Hampton Inn. It has a pool and a basketball court. One flat screen in the living room and one in the bedroom. It has a full kitchen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
amycoverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your insight and feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites in Clovis. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you and thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your stay. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Clovis area.
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was upgraded to a suite which was nice, the room smelled of gas. I woke up at 2 am with a headache, had to open the window- in the morning I told the front desk. The man didn't seem to conern and he would have someone look into it. I phoned about 3 hours later and to my surprise was told they haven't checked on it but would once maintance got in. I phoned the 800 number and was hung up on twice. I phoned again about 6 hours later and was told my room was above the laundry room so that was probably the smell. I don't think even with the room above the laundry room that your room should smell like gas.
the food was good and the customer service in the food area was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. Incidents such as yours are really quite rare. Please accept our sincere apology for the unpleasant smell and any inconvenience you were caused by it. I have been reassured that there was no safety issue with the odor and wanted to make you aware of that. We understand that travel is very important and work diligently to ensure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please reach out to us directly if there is anything more we can do to assist you.
WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here a week while my husband was in town on business. I can't think of a thing that needs improving. Loved the room layout....was like a small apartment. The staff, from the front desk, to housekeeping, and the ladies that run the breakfast and dinner area all are top notch and always willing to help with anything needed. Also, the bed was so comfortable....wished I had found out what brand and type the mattresses are, I'd love to have one at home. If you are going to the Clovis/Fresno area, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had the 2-bedroom suite, it's a very good value.

Whenever I stood in front of the basin to brush my teeth and wash my face, I always smelled the mildew, later I found out there was mildew inside the holes at the back of the basin.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to a flight out of Fresno the next morning. Location was convenient for getting to the airport and the room was a standard, spacious suite. Breakfast was also fine. The one piece that brings the rating down was that, even though we had a non-smoking room, the hallway on the entire fourth floor absolutely stank of cigarette smoke. We called the front desk to complain and were told that there was a smoking suite somewhere on the floor...though as we walked around, clearly the vast majority of the suites were non smoking. But somehow the smoke smell permeated the entire floor, which was really off-putting for any excursion outside the room (i.e., to the elevator) and not very healthy for our 2.5 year old daughter. Fortunately, our suite itself was a relatively safe haven. Aside from that significant drawback, our stay was fine.

Room Tip: Assuming that the fourth floor is the only floor with smoking suites, avoid the fourth floor if you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis? Share your experiences!