“Good Layover Spot for San Joaquin/Sierra Sights” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good Layover Spot for San Joaquin/Sierra Sights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ok, truth in advertising, I'm a Hilton fan and a Hilton Honors Member. I patronize the chain often, not exclusively, but often. The Hilton Garden Inn Clovis is consistent with the Garden Inn brand's style, decor, cleanliness, and amenities. My Significant Other and I stayed here recently, and it was a decent stay; quite reasonably priced. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and professional. The location offers great access to Yosemite and Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Parks. There are a bevy of restaurants nearby and a small eatery/bar within the hotel if push comes to shove. Normally, I'd give them top marks--I know I tend to rate high, but philosophically I rate against my expectations, not against a pre-determined standard--anyway, my sole gripe is this: I went to do laundry. One of the washing machines was broken. I sunk several dollar's worth of quarters into it before I figured it out. I went to the front desk for a refund. The nice person up front then sheepishly told me they knew that it was broken, that management knew it was broken, and that maintenance knew it was broken---but that the management didn't want put a sign on it. I inferred that it had been that way for awhile. I was cheerfully offered a refund or the option of maintenance starting the machine, although there was no commitment as to how long it would take maintenance to arrive and get it going. In the end, I took the refund and got the laundry done, investing several hours more than I planned, using one machine. Normally, 'small potatoes' (meaning, no big deal for our foreign friends) the first machine had been simply marked as "Inoperable" or "broken". I'm laid back, normally easy going, but that was just incredibly aggravating--because--it suggests to me that the managers were in a sense completely inconsiderate and dissembling to their guests if they knew this condition existed and didn't forewarn guests with a simple sign. Really? How hard is that? Shame on them. Other than that minor and utterly avoidable aggravation, it was a decent, convenient stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Alexandria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is hands down the nicest one I have stayed in within the Fresno area. It's clean, the staff is fantastic (including their evening bartender), breakfast is only $10 and delicious, and the restaurant has a happy hour! Also, the hotel is located near plenty of restaurants including "I Love Sushi" which has mixed reviews but I enjoyed mine. Free Wi-Fi with a fridge in the room... not bad!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is clean, quiet and we enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely visit again. We were in Clovis on business and needed a quiet place to go after a weekend craft fair. We were very pleased with Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Once we ordered the Hotel we did't nown where we are going, the only reasons were it's an Hilton and the location.And then we found a very nice hotel with a very hosting worm stuff. We arrived late and we didn't want to look for a restaurant and after looking in the menu we decided to eat and it was a very nice surprise. The dinner was very good
All of this, this is way i prefer hilton

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, nice service,but not for 129.00 a night, for Fresno, CA. We put a do not disturb sign on our door, and the maid service came by to make sure we did not want our room clean. Nice touch. Don't eat breakfast in the hotel restaurant The food quality was mediocre and the service was slow and inconsistent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Kauai Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Overall I had a great experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn. I felt very looked after, the premises and rooms were clean, free internet and a nice surrounding. The manager Ashley was wonderful!! I had an issue upon checkin, Ashley handled me with care and concern and made me feel very taken care of. Eric was wonderful as well...thank you so much for the great stay. I am going to return:))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Gresham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Clovis CA Hilton Garden Inn is an outstanding hotel with top rate service. From check in to checkout it was nothing short of enjoyable. The rooms are well laid out and offer plenty of space. The fitness center is has both machine and free weights to allow any type of workout you want. The food is outstanding and very afordable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!