“Good enough to return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Long Beach, United States
“Good enough to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I selected this hotel initially because it was near the university I was visiting on Friday. The room was large and comfortable, and I had a quick, tasty dinner in the lobby restaurant. When I was in the area a couple of days later, I went out of my way to stay at this hotel again.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Laguna Beach, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was nice overall and the price was in the range for this level of hotel. Why do you stay at a hotel but to sleep. The king bed has 2 adjusters. My side was stuck on Hard and my wife's, although set to the same, was a HOLE. In fact i kept falling into it. The bedding was frustrating as well. the sheet was not tucked in properly and the comforter kept sliding off in the night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

In my opinion, the reservations, price, and quality of this hotel was very good. We did not use the restaurant due to a family gathering, but the looks, offerings as well as the gathering of those who were using it seemed an A+ for this hotel. When in this area, I would continue to use as my number one pick.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went to fresno for a funeral and we had 2 rooms. My Family members whom I rented the 2nd room for amazed with their stay. They were Marriott fans but not any more Samar and Robert at the front desk were sooooo helpful. However Rachel was rude and not so helpful when I approached her with questions. Also (love the waffle maker) breakfast and very clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2013
Fresno, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis Gave Us Great Customer Service, It was Clean, Easy Access to Freeway, We Felt Safe, 24hrs. Restaurants near location... I enjoyed my stay as well as my other guests... Thank you for the awesome hospitality... We will be back... Booking at your hotel made it easy for us to plan our other business trip details without hassle....

Thousand Oaks, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had a great time being at this property. I'll use again when in area. The hotel staff was outstanding. The accommodations were terrific. I really enjoyed the overall quiet of hotel. Couldn't have chosen a better property and it made my stay in Fresno one that I look forward to repeating!......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I rate this hotel terrible only because of the unacceptable conversation that I had with GM Cynthia Jones. I had an early check out due to a change in my job.. I packed up and checked out in a hurry. I forgot to take my receipts for meals and expenses that I keep in the desk drawer during my stay. I called the hotel later that evening when I discovered that I had forgotten them. Ms. Jones laughed at me when I asked if housekeeping had turned them into the desk.. told me they would assume it was trash. I explained that in a hotel that caters to the business traveler I would think that housekeeping staff would be trained to turn something like that in to the desk, or contact me to see if I needed them. Ms. Jones was very rude, had no concern for my issue and never once apoligized for the inconvenience that this clearly caused me. She told me that it was not her fault that I left my receipts in the room. TRUE. I found Cynthia Jones to be very unprofessional during our conversation. Although the hotel is adequate, I will never stay in this property during future business travel to the Fresno/Clovis area.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Roschelle J, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Im so very sorry this happened to you and we apologize for the inconvenience of you not having your receipts when you departed. Im very sorry that you were offended for this is not our practice Please forgive us and it is my hope that we can clear up ANY and ALL misunderstandings and PLEASE know WE TRULY DO VALUE YOU AS A CUSTOMER! You cantruly count on us!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!