“Extremely RUDE MGMT” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Anaheim, California
“Extremely RUDE MGMT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I rate this hotel terrible only because of the unacceptable conversation that I had with GM Cynthia Jones. I had an early check out due to a change in my job.. I packed up and checked out in a hurry. I forgot to take my receipts for meals and expenses that I keep in the desk drawer during my stay. I called the hotel later that evening when I discovered that I had forgotten them. Ms. Jones laughed at me when I asked if housekeeping had turned them into the desk.. told me they would assume it was trash. I explained that in a hotel that caters to the business traveler I would think that housekeeping staff would be trained to turn something like that in to the desk, or contact me to see if I needed them. Ms. Jones was very rude, had no concern for my issue and never once apoligized for the inconvenience that this clearly caused me. She told me that it was not her fault that I left my receipts in the room. TRUE. I found Cynthia Jones to be very unprofessional during our conversation. Although the hotel is adequate, I will never stay in this property during future business travel to the Fresno/Clovis area.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Roschelle J, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Im so very sorry this happened to you and we apologize for the inconvenience of you not having your receipts when you departed. Im very sorry that you were offended for this is not our practice Please forgive us and it is my hope that we can clear up ANY and ALL misunderstandings and PLEASE know WE TRULY DO VALUE YOU AS A CUSTOMER! You cantruly count on us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pleasanton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel double billed my credit card and now are denying it. I have proof, I actually check my CC statements. Memo to Hotel, figure out the mess and apologize ... easy. Perhaps there was some confusion, the room was booked through a 3rd party system and I paid in full 1 week prior to my stay. Shouldn't the staff be able to see on my reservations that I was pre-paid? If the 3rd party booking service didn't do something correctly that shouldn't be my issue. At check-in my card was swiped for incidental charges and that what they told me. Big hassle now, and of course I'll get my money back but it more work than i bargained for.

Room Tip: I liked being close to elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roschelle J, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Clovis, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank You for your review and I like to apologize that you experienced this situation. We here at the HGI Clovis pride our selves on accurate, professional and complete service and with this response we will continue to make those adjusments necessary to hold fast to the HGI standard of service,. We certainly welcome you back and look forward to serving you again soon and again please accept our deepest apologies.
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is very close to the Fresno Airport. Clean rooms and the restaurant is good for breakfast. Don't forget to adjust the dial on the mattress! Good amount of parking. The name is a little confusing, but Clovis means Fresno.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Excellent accommodations in Clovis, CA. Highly recommended. Very clean, conveniently located, excellent service, lots of parking. Best hotel in town, in my opinion. I thought the bed was extremely comfortable. Very quiet as well. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Clean room and bathroom, comfy bed and pillows, sheets smelled clean, nice furniture (especially loved the Herman Miller chair), helpful staff, great customer service. Overall a very respectable place and we had an enjoyable stay. Will definitely stay here again when we come to Fresno.

Room Tip: Could be noisy if your room is near the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean and up to Hilton standards. However, the internet service is completely unusable as of 2/2013. The service is AT&T, and frequent travelers know that their hotel service sucks, it was no different here. The bed was very firm and not comfortable either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Having had Gold status with Hilton for a few years, I've stayed in lots of their properties, but this was my first time at this property. The hotel lobby was very nice, rooms were clean and fresh, and the staff was helpful and friendly. My room was spacious and quiet, even though it was fairly close to the onsite fitness center. The location was good as well, not far from the airport and close to the business I was visiting. The only issue I had was the price, which was inflated due to the World Ag Expo taking place in a nearby town. Other than that, this was a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!