“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Denver, Colorado
“Great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This has to be the best customer service I have received at a hotel in a very long time. Front desk, housekeeping, and the restaurant staff were excellent! The rooms are very clean and offer a mini-frig and small microwave. Morning breakfast was very good. Business center and printing facilities work great and are conveniently located. Cons: very heavy doors into the room, bathroom door swings shut automatically (not good with small children), and staff park in the portico area in front so you can't load/unload your vehicle at check-in/out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot instead of the alley. Monday mornings the garbage truck comes...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Excellent hotel. Rooms are big and well kept. The breakfast was great and the front desk went out of their way to help us when their was an issue with the payment. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying there again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Adrian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a great place; we're really great big fans of HGI and this place really lived up to our expectations. We were looking for a restful evening and we really found it here. If you're thinking about this place, think no more because this is the place!!!

Room Tip: It is just south of Fresno and it a perfect stop.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Northern Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came in at 9:00 to the Fresno airport. This hotel was close by. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly, the room was clean. I was a little worried that the area would be noisy based on another review but we never heard anything and our room was way at the end of the hall. No complaints about this hotel and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not the kind of hotel I want to be staying at. I am assuming that this is from the GM Cynthia Jones, but what a horrible way to talk to your employees.

Hello Team Member,

Once again I find myself repeating what I have already said. I am addressing these issues across the board one final time. After you read this email please reply back that you read and understand what is being said. If you have questions feel free to email me those too. Once I have your reply, this will then be printed and placed in your files. I am speaking to all forms of management as well.

It has been brought to my attention that some employees are still eating for free. The reason I took away the employee menu is because of the abuse which is not fair for those who have not abuse the privilege. I have given you a deep discount and you abused that, now I hear the abusers are ordering food thru members of management and getting the food for free.

Moving forward NO member of management is allowed to order any food for anyone. If I find out that this is being done…and I will reprimand each and every one of you. I am tired of saying the same thing over and over again.. I will be suspending on the spot if I see this again and your position with the company will be up for review.
(put your initials here_____)

Miranda will be the Manager on Duty in the evenings to monitors ALL operations in ALL departments. She has been instructed to send you home if she sees any of the following..

Talking on cell phones while on the clock
Sitting in back office while the desk is left unattended (I am looking at the camera everyday and making notes and you will be written up and/or suspended.)
The pantry being without water stocked
Eating without paying
If you are hanging around office after your shift ended. Once you clock out…LEAVE!
I said months ago I wanted to see new OnQ certifications from the front desk….Josh have those in my box by Next Monday.
If you are not an F&B employee you should not be in the kitchen at all.
You are not allowed to hang out in lobby or the bar at no time during your shift.

Miranda and Jamar I want all of these things enforced ASAP. Also Please start the hiring process of 5 desk clerks. I would like to see each applicant before a final decision is made. I would like to have five strong candidates lined up when I return from my Trip on Aug. 1

Any questions , comments or concerns please see me with them. I am not looking for any explanations from anyone regarding this issue. Once I hit send I am done with it and will be monitoring.

I hate it has come to this but the abuse has gotten out of control.

Have a good Day!

Miss Jones!

Room Tip: Stay on the north end of the hotel near the main road because cars get broken into in the back parki...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis (next to Fresno), California for one night this week. The hotel is spotless. The staff was well trained and very pleasant. Good linens, decent towels and a fabulous air conditioner made the stay very comfortable. Full service restaurant and nice pool make this a good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a side room away from the street. No views but quiet. If you are a couple, ask for the jacu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

stayed at the hilton garden inn in clivis ca on wednesday may9 2012 and my friend slipped and fell in the shower. I was warned and when I took my sower it was very difficult to stand. I would recomend installing some slip resistant covering.
thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Other than that the staff and hotel was perfect

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clovis
Homewood Suites by Hilton Clovis
Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis - Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Inn
BEST WESTERN Clovis Cole
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Clovis? Share your experiences!