“Great Staff, Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Fresno, California
“Great Staff, Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel has clean, comfortable and quiet rooms at a fair price. The front desk staff is friendly, professional and leaves no doubt that they care about their guests.

On a recent 2 -day business trip to Fresno, I neglected to make a reservation and showed up to find that the hotel was completely booked for my second night of my trip. When I checked in Anna and Kelli promised to give me a call if they had any cancellations- I called and checked a couple of times the following day with no cancellation. I figured that there was no chance they would actually remember to call me on such a busy day.

To my great surprise, I got a call from Anna letting me know that she'd just had a cancellation around 5 pm. I was very impressed that they would remember and bother to call me in the middle of checking a large group attending a convention that I let the manager know how much I appreciated their service and took the time to write my first write-up here on Trip Advisor.

I recommend this hotel to anyone. To the front desk ladies Kelli and Anna @ Holiday Inn Clovis/Fresno....thank you for going above and beyond!!

Room Tip: Had all good rooms...quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and look forward to continuing this tradition.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for a visit or staying for business. We stayed for two nights on a weekend for a wedding. The rooms were large and very well appointed and the free breakfast perfect for what's required when on the run. The hotel was quiet, clean, and spacious, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect if you want to stay and walk to Old Town Clovis or drive to some of the close by activities

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time write such a wonderful review! We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service and look forward to doing so. We will also review anything that we can do better so that the next time we receive a 5 star rating!
Irvine, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here for the Fresno/ UNLV game. Minutes from stadium parking, a great atmosphere at the front desk for the game. The hotel was full but still was very quite at night after the game. The breakfast was great Sunday morning with the staff keeping the tables clean and the food items well stocked

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Clovis! We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in Clovis and for all guests associated with Fresno State University. Please let me know if we can be of any more service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have not relocated to my new job site yet, so I have been traveling to Clovis and staying in the Holiday Inn Express in Clovis,CA at least 2 sometimes 3 nights a week for the last two years. I am always impressed with the "above and beyond" helpful service I have received from Kelli and Anna at the front desk. During my last stay, they were all booked but found me a King room (when there weren't any) and managed to cart a refrigerator into the room before my wife and I arrived, since they usually give me a King suite room and one wasn't available this week.

Coco, who works in the kitchen, always greets with a smile and is always willing to go above and beyond to make sure that I (and the other guests) have what they need. Coco always makes sure I get my breakfast banana. :-) . Daniel in housekeeping is always willing to go the extra mile as well and routinely grants my requests for a later check out time. Rose) (housekeeping, you are willing to run full speed down a full hallway to open the door when my key doesn't work These gracious actions may seem insignificant, BUT, they make a HUGE difference and have cushioned the inconvenience of not being in my home.

Traveling and staying in a hotel weekly for 2 years is getting old, BUT I sure do appreciate the extra mile Holiday Inn Express staff have traveled to make my stays pleasant and very comfortable. My wife and I won't miss staying in a hotel when we finally relocate, BUT, we will miss the friendly smiles and the sense of having a "home away from home" full of cheerful staff. Keep up the good work, your helpful attitudes do make a difference in people's lives.

Cesar & Carolann De Leon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate the opportunity to provide the best possible service that we can. We hope to be your number 1 choice every time you stay in Clovis.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express coincided with the Fresno State/Boise football game and the hotel was full. We were in town for a wedding, and I was worried about noise. It was amazing, no noise at all! The hotel was quiet, clean, and spacious, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We really appreciate the opportunity to provide outstanding customer service and hope that we can continue to do so for all your hotel needs in the Clovis Area. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are ever back in town.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for a short visit. We stayed for two nights as part of our road trip. The rooms were large and very well appointed and the free breakfast perfect for what's required when on the road.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for the excellent review. As hospitality professionals my staff and I pride ourselves on providing the best possible customer service as possible. Please let us know if you are ever in town again and we will be happy to make you feel at home.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Although I didn't have to pay for my stay, because I walked from my original hotel, I was off set by the hotel staff. Maybe they thought because I didn't have to pay for the stay, they didn't have to treat me nicely. Not sure, but I will stick with my Homewood/ Hampton properties.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear PenelopeParks,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the service you encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area? Share your experiences!