“B- Hotel during our stay” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
“B- Hotel during our stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We traveled to Clovis for a big swim meet. (it's an annual event in Clovis) The hotel was stuffed with swimmers & thier families. The room was nice enough, (although a few more towels wouldn't be a bad thing). The problem arose when we went down for breakfast on the 2nd day of our stay. The breakfast room was trashed! There was garbage on the floor, and almost no food. There was one person working (sort of) to restock food, but we were told that they were out of food. The same thing happened the 2nd day, only this time they were even out of milk, so there were no biscuits, no eggs, no milk for cereal, and no syrup for waffles. The most disapointing part of all of this is that we got NO symapthy from staff, infact they even seemed a bit hostile toward us (and we weren't even the people who ate all of thier food!). Next year when we head to Clovis, we'll stay at the Hampton inn. For only $20 more you get a manager's reception with snacks & drinks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Swimgymdad,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with the breakfast you had and the service you received. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Huntington Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the past four years while my son attended Fresno St. I never had a bad experience. The rooms and common areas were always clean. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and the weekend hours are a little later so you can still grab breakfast after being out late at the college football game. Within walking distance to a few stores and food places, too. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Wow! What a wonderful review!

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! My staff and I certainly appreciate it! I hope that your son enjoyed his time at Fresno State!

My associates work tirelessly everyday to ensure a welcoming environment for all of our guests. I am delighted that you have repeatedly enjoyed your stays with us!

Come back this season for a few more Fresno State Football games! Breakfast will be hot and ready for ya!

Bakersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a one-night stay for a softball tournament and booked a suite.....two queen beds plus a pull out and small kitchenette area. Great to have queen beds and not full size beds! The property seems new, breakfast was good and it was easy to get on and off the freeway. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: If you have four people, go for the larger room, the extra space is worth it and it was not that muc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
My associates and I were thrilled to read your review this morning! I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write us such a great review!

Our hotel was built with space top of mind. Our 19 suites allow ample room for a family to spread out and really enjoy the space. They truly are the best option for a family traveling with children or sports teams looking to maximize their head counts.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast as well! My associates and I truly hope that we can welcome you back to the property very soon!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here the night before catching a plane in Fresno. Very clean, modern, and priced alright. Close to airport and felt safer than the other hotels by the airport. It's an express hotel so there is a light breakfast in the morning if you get up early enough-the closing times change for breakfast depending on the day of the week. I would definitely stay again. Forget the greenish pool and closed jacuzzi, though. Denny's next door was awesome for my late night dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel!

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the majority of the amenities and appointments that we have to offer!

I sincerely apologize that the condition of our pool was not acceptable during your stay. We work tirelessly to ensure that the pool and spa are in pristine condition at all times. I apologize that was not the case during your visit.

I would love to welcome you back to the property when our travels bring you back to the area! I guarantee that you will find the pool and spa in excellent condition!

La Habra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and always allow us to check in early. We used the spa and pool this trip as it was exceedingly hot. The pool was clean and there were plenty of towels available. The breakast area was well stocked and it was always open so that families could use it as a gathering and eating area later on in the day.

• Stayed July 2013
What a delightful review!

My associates were so excited to read your comments this morning and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel! We work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a wonderful experience with us and I am so glad that we were able to provide that for you and your family!

We certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future! Safe travels!

los angeles, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as my usual hotels were either sold out or too costly for the night stay. My room was clean and comfortable. I was looking for a fridge and microwave but I wasn't too upset at the absence of both. I had a significant conference call via the internet I planned on taking from my room. at 8:20am I called the front desk and reported the WiFi was down and asked her to reset it. She repeated what I said as a question. After 20 minutes of no connection I called again and was told that she called maintenance to look into it. I actually left to get coffee and upon my return still no connection. I called the front desk and was told maintenance was looking at it as we spoke. To make this a short review, I the connection was not reset before I left, I missed my teleconference, their LAN connection wasn't working as I even tried to make my call from their business center.

I will think long before rebooking at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced due to the outage of our WiFi and hard wired internet service...

On the date of your departure, our Internet Service Provider experienced an issue caused by a power surge, that rendered the T1 connection to our hotel inoperable for one hour and forty minutes.They worked quickly to restore the connection as expeditiously as possible, however, due to the nature of the root cause, they needed to send a technician out to reset our connection at the underground hub. With the travel time of the technician and the need for him to access an underground sub-station, it took a little longer that I had hoped it would.

I would like to note that this is the first internet outage that has ever occurred at our hotel since our opening in 2009.

I was, however, delighted to hear that you found your room to be clean and well kept. I certainly hope that you give us an opportunity to change your perception of the hotel as my staff and I strive to provide an exceptional product in all facets of the hotel.

Should your travel plans bring you back to the Clovis area, I invite you to reach out to me personally at (559)297-0555 so that I may handle your accommodation arrangements personally.

With hospitality,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a stop over from Sequoia to Yosemite.
Rooms were clean and big. Stuff very friendly. Good location...
A lot of restaurants with resent prices around the corner.
(North India Grill was very good).

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are strategically located right in between Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks!

North India is one of our personal favorite restaurants in the Fresno/Clovis area! I am so glad that you found it to be as well!

My staff and I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future! Safe travels!

With hospitality,

Braxton M

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area? Share your experiences!