“Exceptional employees” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Sacramento, California
“Exceptional employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here with my mother and brother (two queen beds, yay!) for one night 6/1/13. It was state Track & Field championship weekend, every single room booked (here and every other hotel). The room was fine, though nothing special. The customer service, however, was great. The hair dryer in our bathroom didn't work. I reported that to the front desk and they promptly gave me a substitute (hand delivered to the breakfast dining room). By the time I got home on Sunday, the hotel had called my Mom to report they'd found a Kindle in the room. Mine! Two days later, it was on my front porch, packed like it was the most precious cargo in the universe. ... Three cheers to Rose, our housekeeper, and to the very capable and efficient front-desk woman my husband talked to by phone. Customer service above and beyond!

Room Tip: We liked being on the ground floor. Our room faced the street, but it wasn't too loud. Others mi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I was delighted to read that your Kindle made it safe and sound! We wanted to ensure that there were no mishaps along the way so we packaged it as best as we could!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review here on TripAdvisor! I am delighted that we were able to provide accommodations for you and your family that exceeded your expectations.

My team ans I certainly hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future!

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Arlington Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed two nights visiting Fresno as a base to see Yosemite. It was close to the airport and central to freeways and a local grocery. The rooms, common areas and everything about the hotel was clean and well organized. The staff was very accommodating even to the point of arranging for a refrigerator in the room and lending me pliers to fix a cane. They even gave recommendations for area restaurants. The breakfast was hot biscuits, eggs, gravy and rolls with coffee and juices. Much more than I expected. The place will be on my stay there again list.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
From the entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clovis, I want to express my appreciation for your wonderful review here on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our location while traveling up to the National Parks and I certainly hope that you enjoyed that amazing experience!

We strive everyday to ensure that the product that we are offering is clean and well organized. My Front Desk staff prides themselves on providing attentive and forward-thinking service. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and I certainly hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future!

Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed in a room facing Shaw Ave., the room was clean and well kept. Street noise wasn't that bad, but if noise bothers you I would recommend a room away from the street. The diner across the street looks like a car club or hot rod hang out in the early evening hours on Fridays. Which is great if you like hot rods (I do) but the noise may not be to everyone's liking.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Friday nights at Fat Jacks are always a sight to behold! I am so glad that you had an opportunity to experience that! Its a great group of car enthusiasts who are always willing to talk shop and show off their latest projects on a Friday Night!

The road noise can get cumbersome at times and we have done what we can to mitigate that. The hotel was built with noise dampening insulation that doubles the industry standard in an attempt to reduce as much road and adjoining room noise as possible. I am so glad that you were not disturbed by it!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with my staff and I! I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Very good HOliday Inn Express. overall. Clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Standard exercise room and breakfast area. Very well maintained and attentive staff. A great place to stay in Clovis.

• Stayed May 2013
Stay Smart!

Holiday Inn Express welcomed back our famous Stay Smart advertising campaign last month and I am delighted that you had a chance to catch it!

I am so glad that you chose to stay with us on your most recent visit to the Fresno/Clovis area and that we were able to provide a comfortable home-away-from-home for you! We certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Safe Travels and With Hospitality,

Cedarville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Fast, friendly check in. Extremely spacious and clean room. I guess my only complaint would be that there is no refrigerator in the room but this wasn't really important to us. This was a great location for us, easy on and off the freeway. Highly recommend!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am blessed with a wonderful staff who truly cares about providing the epitome of customer service on a daily basis!

It is true that we do not have refrigerators and microwaves in every guest room. We do however, have a microwave available in the Great Room 24/7 and refrigerators available upon guest request. When we are able to welcome you back to the property, please let our friendly staff know that you would like a refrigerator and we would be more than happy to provide one for you free of charge!

We sincerely hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the property in the near future and thank you once again for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel!

With hospitality,

Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been to the Fresno area quite a few times in the last couple months and had never ventured too far until one day while looking for a place to have dinner I happened on this location in Clovis. so on my next trip back I stayed there and let me tell you it was sparkling clean from the parking lot to the room! the staff was very friendly and made me feel at home the minute I walked through the door, the room was very clean and FRESH smelling this is one of the best HIE that I have ever been in. all I can say is if you stay there you will leave feeling better than you arrived. there's a lot of places to eat and a short drive to your choice of 2 malls.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
What a wonderful review!

My staff and I treat feedback from our guests as a gift and this was a gift that they were very excited to receive! My wonderful associates prove to me on a daily basis that they are invested and passionate about creating memorable guest experiences. They were thrilled to hear that they were able to do that during your stay!

Please come back and visit us sooner rather than later! We absolutely love welcoming guests back to our hotel and creating more memorable experiences! It is our goal on a daily basis to ensure that our guests experience a wonderful stay!

With HOSPITALITY,

Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the best HIE that I've stand in over the past 13 years. The facility is 4 years old, super clean rooms, excellent staff, and delicious breakfast. The hotel grounds were super clean even after a sand storm. Now, this hotel needs to provide it's staff outstanding uniforms to match their OUTSTANDING service. Truly, an A+ facility--if need a place to stay...look no further!

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor facing the parking lot and it was still super quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Wow!

What a way to start our day! I wish you had been here to hear the elation of my staff at our morning meeting this morning! This is truly why are all in the HOSPITALITY business and my staff was thrilled that we were able to leave such a lasting impression!

I certainly hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and I truly appreciate you taking the time to post feedback for my staff and I!

With hospitality,

Braxton M

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area? Share your experiences!