“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Clovis
Winchester, California, United States
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very nice holiday inn express. It was quiet and very clean. Rooms were comfortable and surprisingly big. I was in town for business and will definitely stay there again if I am on that side of Fresno. Staff is friendly and inviting. I was impressed with this hotel. You will feel comfortable and safe staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor facing away from Shaw ave. It was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I want to personally thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel!
My staff and I strive to create a home-away-from-home environment for our guests and they were thrilled to hear your comments at our morning meeting today!
We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel when your travels find you in the Fresno area once again!

With hospitality,

Braxton M

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is much like the others I have stayed in. It stands out because staff is friendly and helpful. I used my bonus points to get a "free" room - and was still given an upgrade to a suite (as a Priority Club member). Offering the suite was very nice, as usually when I have used points (with Priority or other hotels that offer "free" rooms), I end up in a room farthest from the check-in and breakfast/hospitality room. The room, including bathroom, was very clean. The breakfast was the usual fare and the room was large and spacious.

Room Tip: I requested first floor on my on-line reservation, and received a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Braxton M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We believe that feedback is a gift here at the Holiday Inn Express Clovis and our staff was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! We anxiously await your return to the area and sincerely hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to the property!
La Habra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Was here last month and returned again. We arrived early n staff checked us in right away. We didn't have to wait until regular check-in time. Rolling carts helped us get our luggage to our room in one trip. Parking is convenient and close to rooms. Still love the hospitality room - clean and well-stocked with coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. There is also a small microwave. Will be returning in the spring.

• Stayed December 2012
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn and was a little leery, but it was the highest rated hotel within my corporate budget. I was so pleased with the service and the room and have already booked my next room here! I didn't enjoy the breakfast foods or the coffee, but there are several coffee places and restaurants located very close.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
La Habra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We make regular visits to the Fresno area and this was our first time staying here! We loved it; the staff was extremely friendly, breakfast was perfect and included eggs and sausage/bacon and the most wonderful warm cinnamin rolls. The hotel is located close to restaurants and shopping Centers and is in a nice neighborhood. This will be our new, permanent place to stay when we visit Fresno/Clovis.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor close to the breakfast room, and workout area!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for a trip that we too to Yosemite. It was a nice, clean and comfortable hotel with a decent morning breakfast. There were a few different restaurant choices walking distance or a short drive away. The drive to Yosemite wasn't too long and it provided us with the opportunity to travel back and forth from the park in one day. If I would go back to the area I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
STUART
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here the night before flying home after a delightful vacation. The staff were extremely friendly and the hotel property was very clean and well maintained. Our room was large and spacious and very comfortable.

The high speed internet was easy to access and had very good bandwidth. Unfortunately, our flight was out very early in the morning so we did not get the chance to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast area was large and spacious and appeared clean.

This property is located near a fairly industrial area so only fast food outlets were directly around the hotel. The desk manager recommended a local pizza restaurant that delivered so we enjoyed eating in our room. I would definitely stay here again if a future trip brings me to the area.

Room Tip: If you want any beer or wine or other food items you might want to stop off at another exit before c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Clovis Fresno Area? Share your experiences!