“Marriott Quality All the Way” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Clovis
Fresno
“Marriott Quality All the Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The first thing you notice is the modern high style decor. Built five years ago it still feels new. Layout is well planned with large bathroom and ample counter space.

Location is quiet, near quaint Clovis downtown. Out the back door is a Rail-to-Trail for morning jog or walk; pleasant 20 minute walk to Civic Center and public library. Freeway 168 at Herndon Avenue gives easy access to all of Fresno; there are several fast food stores and a gas station, a good Chinese restaurant.

Breakfast buffet is complete and fresh, bright and clean.

We stayed five nights and found the staff genuinely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Felicity G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Robert A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience what Clovis has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My stay at this hotel was just wonderful! I highly recommend this hotel for any visit to the Fresno area! They recommend a local Chinese restaurant and I was very pleased with the servIce, the portions, and the value. The Fairfield Inn Fresno Clovis has a friendly, personable, and efficient staff!

• Stayed March 2014
Felicity G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear marklbrown,

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback, it's great to hear that you enjoyed the Chinese restaurant and that our team took good care of you. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Clovis!
Salt Lake City, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Here's the good:
- Breakfast was really good with lots of options.
- The location is excellent with lots of eating options around.
- TV in the room has tons of channels.
- Staff was extremely friendly and helpful

Here's the not so good:
- Wifi was very slow and even regular websites would take a while to open
- Bathroom was old, with shower tiles a little dingy and gross
- Room was very small. I've stayed in other Fairfield Inns before and this was the smallest room I've had
- Despite my attempt to close the curtains really well, a lot of light still came into the room (I was right next to the parking lot with a huge light right outside my room).

Overall, I had a great comfortable stay. I'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Jacones,

We appreciate the time you took to review us on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed our local accommodations and hotel amenities, such as our complimentary hot daily breakfast and new upgraded HD channels. I would like to assure you that we are in the process of a big internet upgrade; any and all WiFi connectivity issues will be resolved. Our management team will be utilizing all the feedback you have provided to make improvements and ensure that we offer an exceptional experience for all our guests in the future.
Fresno, California

Good water pressure
Pantine shampoo/conditioner
Nice breakfast
Popcorn & cucumber water offered
Quiet hotel (we chose 3rd floor)
We chose this hotel mainly because it is a Marriott family hotel. The area is very close to downtown Clovis and a short drive to Fresno/Blackstone area. It's situated around kind of unkept lots but super close to highway 168. Staff was incredibly professional and welcoming. Nice lounge area and extensive breakfast included. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear TrishnMax,

Thank you for the delightful review and postive adivce for future travlers to Fairfield Inn and Suities in Clovis, Ca. It is our pleasure to provide for you extra ammenties in our hotel, such a complimentry fresh popcorn and cucumber water, speedy check-in and out process, as well our complimentry hot breakfast. It is even more of a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed yourself so well at our hotel. We hope to see you back in the future!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm a loyal Marriott customer for business, usually staying at Marriotts or Courtyard by Marriott. In fact, I try to avoid Fairfield Inns because of location, slower internet, more noise, etc.
But this one was a nice surprise. I stayed here because everything else was booked, so this was my only choice.
The staff was very friendly and was eager to meet my needs. I was welcomed with a bag of snacks, and it was no problem that I was checking in a little early.
The room was clean and comfortable. Great selection of TV channels. I think it was just DirectTV, because I was even able to use the guide to find something to watch.
In the evening they had a hospitality hour with good snacks, actually similar to what I find in the concierge lounge in Marriotts.

Overall, a pleasant experience. I would not hesitate to recommend or to stay here myself any time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tom T,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave a review on Tripadvisor. On behalf of the entire staff, we wanted to make sure you know how excited we are to gain you as a fan of Fairfield Inn and Suites! It is extrememly pleasing to hear that not only did we meet you expectations, but went beyond them. We hope to be able to host you next time you visit Clovis, Ca.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This does NOT meet my minimum standard for hotel owned by the Marriott Corporation in Clovis, Ca. This was only a one-night stay from the Bay Area. The heat/ac unit was so worn out I could NOT get the temperature in room to 72. When the unit did 'kick-in'. It sounded like the roar of a jet engine.

The people were friendly, and the scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, and coffee for FREE was nice.

When I checked-out of the hotel the front desk person told me that he will have someone fix the thermostat. I thought to myself, this does me no good. I am driving back to the Bay Area.

When friends, or family ask me where to stay if they are in the Clovis area, it will NOT be here !

Room Tip: The third floor room I had was NOT at my standard.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesClovis, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Neiltsubota,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fresno Clovis.You indicated in your response that the thermostat operations was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel is in a nice area of town with convenient access to the freeway, shopping, and restaurants. The check-in process was quick and efficient and the staff was exceptionally helpful and professional throughout our 2 day stay. I asked for a room with 2 queens but when I got in the room I quickly realized it was a king suite I needed as I was looking for the pull out couch and sitting area. The front desk was so accomodating, quickly switched me to a larger room and even brought the new room keys up to me. The room was a nice size for my husband and myself, and allowed some romping room for our toddler. Additionally, the entire hotel was very clean and well kept, beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, and room was quiet. Although the couch in the sitting area was a joke, (fortunately I didn't have to sleep on the pull out), it was nice to have a place to sit besides on the bed or desk chair. Breakfast was typical for the "suite" hotels and was kept well stocked so we were able to fill the void, get my daughter fed, and without the hassle of going out. ( I did enjoy the whipped cream and chocolate chips at the waffle station. Just a nice touch to a plain breakfast.) Overall a great stay and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Deekpa03,

The time you took to leave feedback about your stay is very much appreciated. The entire staff is very happy to hear your stay was pleasant. We are also delighted to read that our staff was able to accodomate you with a room upgrade to our kind suite, the extra sitting area is defiantley helpful! Next time you and family return to Clovis, Ca, we hope you choose to once again stay with us and indulge in our Marriott famous chocolate chip waffles!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Fresno Clovis? Share your experiences!