“First time trying and was awesome” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Description: The cuisine offered at the North India Bar & Grill is world-class. Ranked San Francisco's #1 Indian restaurant, North India Bar & Grill is now in Clovis. We relocated to the Central San Joaquin Valley after nearly 15 years as the top ranked Indian restaurant in the great city of San Francisco.North India Bar & Grill offers an extensive menu prepared by award-winning chefs. Our dishes are created using only the freshest and most authentic ingredients. Our wide variety of succulent meats, fresh fish and savory flatbreads are prepared to order in our traditional wood burning Tandoor ovens. The restaurant is elegant, yet comfortable - perfect for a romantic night out, a business lunch or a meal out with the family. A visit to the North India Bar & Grill is truly an adventure with fantastic taste.
Auberry, California
“First time trying and was awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had never had indian food before but loved what we ordered. Have recommended it to numerous friends. We haven't been able to go back because of stomach issues for me. Hope they will be solved soon so we can return.

Visited June 2012
Pardeep S, Pardeep S., General Manager at North India bar & grill, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us, Terry. I'm pleased that you loved your food! More importantly, glad that we could help make your first time trying Indian food a positive experience.

What dishes did you get a chance to try? I look forward to sharing your compliments with our kitchen.

I hope you feel better soon, as we'd love to welcome you back! Thanks again, and take care.

68% Recommend
Orange, California
“Safe and Tasty Indian Food Adventure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Have you ever wondered about Indian food but been afraid to eat or ask? This is your place. A large, spacious facility including a full bar, it offers a nice variety of American food dishes and authentic Indian food. We enjoy any of the Indian dishes with lentil beans and Chicken. If you are at all intimidated feel free to ask the waiter or waitress what to try. The staff is very helpful, though sometimes they can be difficult to track-down. The food has always been fresh, well-prepared and below average spicy. If you want it really hot, make sure you ask. Avoid the table condiments, and keep your eyes open for local "celebrities." Last time there Congressman Jim Costa was dining.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for reviewing us! I'm glad that you enjoy our food, especially the dishes with lentils and chicken. Do you happen to have a favorite?

I noticed you mention that the service was occasionally a little hard to track down, and I promise to pass along this feedback to our team. We seek to offer a five-star experience, and if you happen to have any other suggestions for what we could do better next time, please don't hesitate to let us know.

We appreciate you taking a moment to sing our praises, and hope to see you soon! Thanks again, and take care.

Best regards,

Fresno, California
“A great Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I like to try different types of food, but I also like it to taste good. We have other Indian food places in Fresno and I have eaten there. This one is so much wonderful I had decided not to have anymore Indian food but North India changed my mind.

Thanks for the five stars! I'm glad that we've become your go-to spot for delicious Indian food. What are some of your favorite things to order off the menu?

We appreciate your kind words, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thanks again, and take care!

Fresno, California
“Good Indian food, a little pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I liked the food but the prices could have been lower, I guess they have to pay for that building. They have coupons on dealsaver where you can get $20 worth of food for $10. I would go if I got one of those coupons, but they are not always available.

Thank you for taking a moment to review us this past August! It's always flattering to hear from someone who enjoys our food, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Until then, take care.

Pardeep S.
“Do no eat at this restaurant!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Inconsistent food and poor service. They had rude management. For example I received an upsetting meal so I called the manager and she didn't know how to handle the situation. On top of that she stated that she was an educated manager which I found offensive. Portion size is small compared to price. I do not recommend this restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hi Ajay,

I was concerned to read your comments from this past July, especially as a restaurant that aims for excellent food and service.

Aside from the portion size, what did you find dissatisfying about your meal? Although we take a lot of pride in our cooking, we are always open to feedback, so if you happen to have any suggestions for what we could do better next time it'd be much appreciated.

I hope that you will give us another chance to put our best foot forward! Thank you for sharing, and take care.

Best regards,