“What a dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
San Rafael
“What a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

My God....this place was awful. It was close to downtown and there was a GREAT band playing at the Pavilion on Friday. Johnny B and the Speedshifter's. Fantastic 50's 60's & Motown and they put on a hilarious show.

This room though...thankfully I was tired. The Beds are hard, the water pressure in the shower dismal and luke-warm? The cable TV...if you could get the channels to work...

Skip this one...

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stay away from this loser. No services whatsoever. Mold on shower curtain, filthy coffee maker, actually had old coffee in the pot, smelly horsehair bedding. Cinderblock walls. There are better prison facilities. After arriving I discovered that it is known in the area for allowing any pet regardless of size. So much for a non-smoking room, you can smell old rover all night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
oc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I booked 2 nights here with our 2 children. We stayed the first night. There's no bathtub to bath the kids, the fridge and microwave were balanced on top of a piece of plywood placed on top of a cut out area of carpet, and the beds were so uncomfortable we had to get pain medication at Long's in the morning. My husband woke at 6 am to people crushing cans just outside our window. I woke about 45 minutes later to 3 or 4 men talking loudly, again, just outside our door. It woke the children, too. We decided to change hotels. When my husband arrived to check out early, the proprietor's wife(who checked us in without a problem) said he'd have to wait 15 minutes because her husband was in the shower. My husband confronted the lady about her checking us in the day before. The man(who was rumored to be in the shower) then emerged from the back room dry and fully clothed in the same clothes he wa in that morning. When my husband checked in he used his cdl and my cc, but when he went to check out with the same cards they tried to tell him they couldn't refund the second night's stay because the names on the cdl and cc didn't match. Needless to say, check out was a nightmare. Later that morning, my daughter found her pillow had been left in the room. I called to see if they had found it and the man who answered the phone was anything but cooperative. I went back the next morning to retrieve the pillow without incident. Of course, they had their daughter help me instead of coming out themselves. I'll never stay there again. It was a headache and, literally, a pain in the back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Upland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

September 2008

My husband and I stayed here and thought it was a great place to stay. We wanted a place that accepted dogs which they do without question. The staff was extremely friendly. The room was absolutely immaculate. I have stayed in expensive hotels that didn't have a room as clean as this was. It is hard to find a place that accepts any size dog. They usually only accept the small ones and ours is a 50 pound pitbull. There is an area to take your pet nearby which was very conveniently located close to our room. We very much enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Upland, California

• Liked — Price, pet friendly, cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Not enough towels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cloverdale Oaks Inn? Share your experiences!