“Great place to stay in the California wine country” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Auberge on the Vineyard

You added Auberge on the Vineyard to your Saves list
Auberge on the Vineyard
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   29955 River Road, Cloverdale, CA 95425 (Formerly The Shelford House)   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Cloverdale B&B and Inns
Greenville, Sc
“Great place to stay in the California wine country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here and had a wonderful time. Roxanne is an exceptionally gracious host who was very good about sharing information about the local area to help us choose our itineraries for the stay. The room was very nice and the breakfast was excellent. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I have now stayed at Auberge 3 times in the Montrachet suite. The first time was before its renovation. Even then we found it charming. The second was not only a surprise to us by the nice updates but also a surprise to my fiancé who I proposed to on its balcony. Breakfast.....wow!! I would pay the price just for that. Roxanne ,from the moment I spoke to her on the phone to making our reservations I felt like I had a new relative that I had just met but was not quite sure what to make of her. When we met she was everything I could want in an inn keeper and would love to have her as a real family member. Outspoken, personable and what a cook! We have been back once since then and trust me if we could, we would fly in every month from Baltimore just for a weekend. Maybe one day... Can't wait till our next visit. Yum.... Creme brûlée French toast. Roxanne, you're on our guest list to the wedding.

• Stayed February 2012
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I have visited the Auberge three times - obviously we like everything about it and would not hesitate to return. Thank you for creating such a wonderful haven in the middle of the wine country!
Remember this is a bed & breakfast place, not a hotel. The experience will always be unique to anyone who visits. We were very comfortable with our room and the bed, and the breakfast was spectacular!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

To be honest, I'm not one of those people who go on these sites to review places they've stayed. But, when my wife told me she was reading negative reviews about Auberge on the Vineyard, I figured we needed to stick up for the charming little bed and breakfast that made our one year anniversary a trip to remember.

First off, everybody we met associated with the Inn was fantastic. They were extremely kind, friendly and inviting. Roxanne was a hoot and was extremely helpful with any questions we had about what to do during our stay. Also, they went out of their way to cook separate meals that were gluten-free for wife, which was a very thoughtful thing for them to do. They catered to our needs, which is more than most people do.

Also, I read reviews about the "traffic" and the upkeep of the Inn. I think the traffic and "noise" comments were funny because Auberge is on a country road on the outskirts of a small town. Yes, some people need to get to their homes, so there will be the occasional car that drives by the Inn, but there certainly wasn't any traffic. We also thought that the grounds of the Auberge were absolutely beautiful. Everything was in bloom and it was obvious that they tried very hard to keep it looking nice. The rooms and buildings were rustic, but that's the point. I don't want to go to a bed and breakfast on a vineyard that's high tech and modern. Auberge on the Vineyard is perfect just the way it is.

To wrap it up, we had an amazing time while staying at Auberge on the Vineyard. The staff was amazing, food was delicious and the rooms were fantastic and comfortable. We would definitely reccomend staying here and we would love to stay there again. Thanks again Roxanne and staff, you guys are amazing. Keep up all your hard work cause we appreciate it!

Room Tip: The Montrachet Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Auberge on the Vineyard is a good as it gets. My sister and I stayed on our way to Mendocino on a business trip. She had never stayed at a B&B before so she was in for a treat.

Exceptional service started the minute we drove on to the grounds. They made us feel like we were coming home. We felt like family. Not like my mother family...they don't hover, but they give you everything you need to have a great time and you know, if you need them, they're there.

We went into town for dinner at Ruth McGowen's on their recommendation. There was an Irish band playing that night and we had a wonderful time.

The quality of the breakfast is excellent. There is always three courses and it was all delicious. My sis was amazed at the caring touches and wonderful conversation as we sat around the table and met the other travelers who were staying in Auberge. It was great to be able to share our experiences and hear what the others did (and were planning to do) with input and suggestions for the day from our wonderful innkeepers.

Thank you, again to Rebecca and Roxanne at our home away from home.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Montrachet suite for our anniversary and fell in love with the Inn! The room was lovely with a beautiful view of vineyards off our own private deck. I think our favorite part was the giant jacuzzi bath tub that overlooks the deck! The food was fantastic and they even catered to my dairy and gluten allergies. The Chocolate creeps were fantastic! The staff was amazing, friendly and sweet. We are not from the area and Roxanne sat down with us and helped us choose wineries to visit. We got passes to visit 120+ wineries in the area! We were treated like family and can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed June 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent three days at Auberge on the Vineyard for our honeymoon last month after spending three days in San Francisco. The first thing I said to him when we walked in was, 'I wish we had spent our entire honeymoon here!' We stayed in the Montrachet Suite and it was just beautiful! The decor was lovely-it felt so warm and intimate-and our view from the back porch was just stunning! The bath tub jacuzzi is INCREDIBLE, and the bed is ridiculously comfortable! We were completely content to stay in our room or in the main house our entire time there, it was just too inviting to leave! We met Roxanne our first night there when she brought us chocolate fondue and champagne, a wonderful extra you can add on, and she was such a gracious host! She even dimmed our lighting and made the room more romantic before serving us! Our three course breakfast in the morning was just amazing, we couldn't believe how wonderful the food was! After four days of typical breakfasts, this was a much welcome change. The ladies did such a wonderful job with serving and wouldn't even let us get our own coffee! They did it all for us! Roxanne would come in during breakfast and visit with all the guests, and everyone just loved her, she was so funny! We even got a special mimosa toast for our honeymoon, a much appreciated treat! When we left for home we felt as though we were leaving behind a new family, Roxanne even hugged us and wished us all the best. We left feeling so much more special and valued than any other hotel we've ever been to! We can't wait to go back and hope to bring along our parents (and our dog!) for a special vacation at a very special place! We can't thank Roxanne and her wonderful team enough for giving us such a special honeymoon! Give this place a shot, it's a hidden gem and you absolutely won't regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Auberge on the Vineyard? Share your experiences!