“Nickle and Dimed” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tutti Mangia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 106 Restaurants in Claremont
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Vancouver, Canada
“Nickle and Dimed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

took my daughter who goes to the Claremont Colleges for dinner last night. I ordered the USDA Prime NY Strip and I asked for a side of linguini with a light tomato basil sauce. The waitress suggested instead some little tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and garlic and I agreed. I shouldn't have. When I got the $185. bill I noticed that on top of charging $7.50 for the tiny plate of pasta, I was charged $2. for the tomatoes, $2. for the Oil and .50c for the garlic. I first politely complained but the manager, who talked to the owner, sternly refused to drop the extra charge. Even my daughter, who I usually embarrass, was upset with their attitude.

Visited August 2013

Philadelphia
“Unprofessional "slick"-Type Manager Offers Poor Seating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a reservation for three months for a group to dine here over the Claremont Colleges graduation weekend. The restuaurant called to confirm our reservation, and we clarified the number of people in our party.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, notably well-dressed (including in suits) from the graduation, we were shown to an end table squeezed in within feet of the restroom door. We asked to be moved, and the staff immediately brought the slick-backed hair manager over. The manager refused to reseat us, despite the plethora of open tables, contending that "The food all tastes the same." We asked him if we had requested a different table that did not adjoint the restroom if he would have honored that request, and he could not guarantee that. In the end, the manager unilaterally canceled our reservation on OpenTable, which they are now dealing with. So, we took our money elsewhere, and the manager could have cared less.

In short - BEWARE THEY DO NOT CARE WHETHER THEY GET YOUR BUSINESS OR THE NEXT GUY'S. BEWARE ON BUSY NIGHTS OF POOR SEATING, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A RESERVATION. AND FINALLY, TAKE YOUR BUSINESS SOMEWHERE THAT ACTUALLY WANTS TO EARN IT =)

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
walla walla
“Impromptu Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A special wine tasting was happening during our visit, but we sat at the bar for an impromptu meal. Tutti Mangia offers a fabulous price for happy hour and we loved what we saw. The bartender gave us recommendations. The calamari was the best, I'll repeat, "the best I've ever had." The bartender said it would be and she was correct! We planned to take home half of the pizza/flat bread, but couldn't resist eating it all - creative and delicious!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brea, California
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been here a handful of times and last night will probably be the last. I made reservations for my moms birthday and called 3 times before finally speaking to a hostess on the phone. (It kept going to the answering machine) After being on hold for 3 minutes, I was finally able to make reservations. When the hostess asked if we were celebrating anything I said yes- my moms birthday. That night at dinner, they never did anything for her birthday.. I was assuming they would come sing or bring ice cream etc. because they asked over the phone! It wasn't even crowded and the service was poor. For the same price, you can go to Flemings.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very enjoyable dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Three of us and all items we very well prepared. Devoured the cioppino. Service was very attentive and excellent. Nice wine list. Also very quiet restaurant. A wonderful dining experience from start to finish.

• Visited March 2013