“Amazing View” 5 of 5 stars

New Year's Eve party
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Amazing View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The first word to describe this hotel is "Grandeur". Sitting on top of the hill over looking the San Gabriel Valley or the city view.

I love the driveway from the main street to the hotel entrance. The lobby is very big and very high celling.

The location is minutes away from the Asian shopping complexes.

The swimming pool is very nice, relaxing and the views is magnificent.

2 restaurants; I love Cima restaurant, over looking a golf field and the food is fantastic too. Weather permitted, ask for outside sitting.

Though the hotel is 25 years old, it's well maintained n looks new, this is due to the newly 60 million overhaul renovation done in 2013.

My suggestions upon check in:
Asked for highest floor possible (9th n 10th floor have access to the 10th floor club house)

Room facing valley is much beautiful than the city view.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pacific P, Manager at Pacific Palms Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

When I left the Pacific Palms early this morning after a 2 night stay for a conference, my review might have been different were it not for assitance tonight from Jeff, an amazing staff member at the property. More about him shortly.

This was my first stay and tho' I'd looked at the web site to learn more, I didn't know much. My expectations for it as a meeting facility were high: it has the IACC (Intl. Association of Conference Centres) approval and considers itself a resort AND conference center.

Check in was reasonably efficient. I had asked the group holding the meeting to request a room near an elevator. Interestingly, I was put in an ADA-accessible room. (I have a mobility disability but never use an ADA room for a variety of reasons.) No one at the desk asked if that were ok or if I wanted that room type.

What I don't like about ADA rooms for ANYone: they are not fully accessible. The lowered closets assume that people with disabilities have short clothes! (We don't necessarily.) That means anything hanging touches the floor. Why not a closet w/ a lower and a higher bar?

The walk/roll-in shower would have been fine if the shower head had been cleaned well and there were more than one stream of water. WAIT Pacific Palms - don't blame housekeeping - they work hard enough. Management should check rooms all the time! The room was 1115 and I hope the front desk did, as I noted to them at check out, have the showerhead thoroughly cleaned.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets crisp. The bed was not tall enough for someone getting from a wheelchair. to the bed.

The desk is great and the free (and strong) wi-fi were appreciated.

AWFUL: the bedside lighting if you have any intention of reading. It is dim beyond words! And the switch to reach under the shade to turn it on and off was difficult. Better to have the desk lamp also bed-side.

The conference used conference dining. I was there for and ate a lunch and a dinner. I'd heard the property had great food. I found it to be mediocre and the service totally non-attentive. At dinner, no one asked if we wanted coffee or tea. (Oh and the buffets are too high for anyone in a wheelchair or on a scooter.)

California is experiencing an horrific drought. The golf course, viewed from my window (the view was magnificient looking out on the golf course and valley) was very green. At meals, all the tables were set w/ iced tea which meant a great use of water especially when the entire group did not come to any one meal. I was discouraged about how they were conserving.

I had room service on my last night and I don't recommend it. I ordered a shrimp cocktail (small, hard shrimp) and prime rib (I ordered medium; it was so over-cooked to be almost unrecognizable as prime rib); it said it came with carrots; it came with asparagus and squash. The bread was like Wonder Bread v. the good hard rolls at the buffet.

So Jeff: when I checked out at 4 am, I left a box (w/ a pre-printed fedex label) to be shipped out today. When I arrived at home, I had no message that FedEx had picked up the box. I called and talked w/ Jeff, a bell/valet staff person. HE deserves a raise, an employee-of-the-quarter honor, and more! He explained their process, checked and instead of keeping me on hold, called me back. His demeanor helped me not get upset when I learned my box had been separated from other and not picked up. Before calling me, he called FedEx and said he'd personally take it to the near by FedEx and ensure it would go out today.

KUDOS to Jeff. (I've not put his last name to ensure his privacy for all but the Resort.) He should train others on attitude at least.

Would I return? Dunno. The meeting rooms were so-so - many did not have windows, something I've come to expect at a conference center - and tho' I heard they had IACC-approved furniture, the room in which I facilitated a session had the standard banquet chairs and covered tables.

If you're a golfer perhaps this is the place for you. If you're doing a meeting, do a site inspection first.

Room Tip: I was in 1115 - facing the golf course and valley. It was a lovely view. Find out if they have a gro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I attended a week long conference in the resort - food was great- plentiful, tasteful and a lot of variety; service was great, accommodations good - rooms were clean, quiet and spacious.
There was a golf course if you enjoy the sport; an outdoor heated pool which I would have loved to spend more time in :) and plenty of seating outside to enjoy the outdoors and the sunshine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review our resort.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had a golf-view room, quite spacious, clean, adequate coffee machine with its disposable coffee slots, and a great balcony. The walls are pretty thin, but the noise didn't disturbed our night sleep. The receptionist was very helpful when we asked for a queen bed instead of double bed.
The location of the resort is quite secluded.

Do not expect to get food nearby because there's none. You'd have to walk approx. 15 mins to get to the main road, and walk 10 mins further to get to the nearest restaurant. I guess if you really need to eat, just order room service, eat at the hotel's restaurant, or order food delivery from nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for golf-view room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great hotel for those seeking easy access to the Pomona Freeway (60) and spa facilities. Pro: the isolated location in a golf resort made me forget I was in an industrial, densely populated area with lots of traffic. Had a great view of course and fountain. Has onsite facility for renting cars. Con: need a car to get to the many wonderful much cheaper food options in the surrounding area. Pricey mini bar with automated method of recording purchase.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is above average, nothing special but located quite area, golfing is a plus if you are golfer. The room is big with nice view, we stayed 2 nights there, would like to stay this hotel next time trip to LA.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here with a very large group/conference in October. With the views hyped up, we were really disappointed that our view was basically of the helipad. Our room was also very average, nothing fancy and was very standard, but luckily the beds were comfy.
There was some confusion on my check-in. They originally had my maiden name upon booking, I called to switch it to my married name (which is on my license), and they didn't have any of my information on hand when I tried to check-in. Luckily, it was eventually resolved with the head of our conference talking to the hotel.
The pool was VERY small, especially for how big of a hotel it is, but the view was great from there. If they could redo the pool area to have it be an infinity pool over the ledge, it would be awesome.
The elevators were VERY slow. It would stop at every floor. Sometimes we had 10 stops trying to go up to the suite, which someone in our group had. That was the best part of our stay. The suite was unlike anything - the balcony was massive and it even included a hot tub - it was absolutely stunning.
We used their banquet room one night and the food was delicious.
I probably won't have the opportunity to travel to the area again for a long time, but I doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Pacific Palms Resort? Share your experiences!