“Pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

New Year's Eve party
Kelowna, Canada
“Pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I attended a hospitality conference here in May. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The rate was very good, and since I had never stayed at the Pacific Palms before, I wasn't sure what to expect. The golf course and grounds are spectacular. Just a beautiful environment. Sitting on the patio on a sunny afternoon amid the palm trees - now what could be wrong with that! I found the food at the Cima restaurant to be quite good - the portions very large - more than you could ever eat. The staff were friendly and helpful - as I said - much more than I expected at that rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pacific P, Manager at Pacific Palms Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Colleen M.

Thank you for the review. We are glad that you were able to enjoy your time at Pacific Palms during the conference. We actually really enjoy the view and palm trees on the patio too!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Regards,

Pacific Palms Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Ventura, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for a night in May of 2013. Had to check in early and the front desk was very accommodating. I asked for a high floor and was given floor 9. I didn't hear any noise from the lobby at all. Bed was very soft and comfortable. I had a "city" view which was nice at night from the balcony. You can see my pictures. They are of the "Deluxe King" type room that I stayed in. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Lobby looks very busy with parties and conferences. Try to get a higher room for the noise, and also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael H.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

-Pacific Palms Management
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Unfortunately this hotel is the closest for a monthly business trip we take to this area.
Every time we stay it gets progressively worse.
Service at the restaurant is slow and poor, we have complained in the past but there has been no improvement. On this last visit we ordered drinks with tonic and they tasted as if they had bleached the pipes. Dreadful.
We have had experiences with bed bugs and have recieved very little response to this.
On one stay I had a room where the shower was half way down the wall (despite being over a bath) and the towel hook on the back of the door was also low. I assume it was a disabled room although I was never informed and find it strange that it would be a step in over the bath shower in a disabled room.
On two stays my coffee machine has iterally leaked all over the table/desk (the only place you can actually plug it in!)
This visit was the worst. My air conditioning was incredibly noisy. I complained and was told later at dinner that they would need to move me. I was very tired after travelling and declined. I never recieved an apology nor a discount.
In addition, the shower handle was hanging off the wall, the power sockets were also hanging off, my room had one bedside table and the lamp on it did not work.
I would not recommend this hotel at all, there is something intrinsically wrong with the maintenance and cleanliness of the property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hello Kim J:

We appreciate the time you took to write this review. We take our guests' concerns very seriously and make all efforts to address any less than excellent experience. Please be assured that your review was shared with our staff. We are taking a careful look at the issues you mentioned and making corrections as needed.

Thank you again for your time.

-Pacific Palms Resort Management

Travelers are raving about these City of Industry hotels

Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went to the hotel in April for a wedding. The wedding was off site, but the reception was at the hotel. Driving up the hill, everything looked great. The grounds were nice and the golf courses looked great. The driving range was a little disappointing, but it had plenty of room for lots of people at one time.
Checked in no problem. A couple of friends were checking in at the same time with a different person at the main desk. They were standing right next to me. So I heard most of the conversation. They received a bunch of information about the property and the amenities and they got it with a cheery disposition. I didn't receive any of the same info from the person helping me, but she was pleasant, just not cheery. When I booked the room I was told there weren't any more rooms with king beds at the special rate for the wedding. My friends booked 1 month after me and somehow received a room with a king at the special rate. It wasn't a big deal for me, but worth noting.
When I got to the room, everything looked good. The only negative was the tiny balcony. It was on the small side, but the view made up for it. I used the restroom and noticed the sink did not drain. When I came out of the bathroom, my wife said one of the lights did not work. I called the front desk to report the sink and they said someone was coming right up. They specifically asked if it was OK to have someone come up at that time. When I got off the phone I noticed the in-room safe did not work. The screen read "low battery". I called back to report the safe issue. About 30-40 minutes later a guy showed up to fix the sink. Someone was trying to talk to him on his radio about the safe. It seemed like they didn't know who to call about the safe.
We were leaving for dinner so it wound up being good timing. We went to dinner with friends at a nearby restaurant. We returned to the hotel and went to the makeshift bar (they had some construction going on) to meet some other friends attending the wedding.. The server at thew bar was really nice. We returned to our room about 12:30 a.m. the bathroom door was closed with a rolled up towel on the ground and our balcony door was open (I closed it before leaving). When I opened the bathroom door, the sink was full of black soot. I called the front desk and they simply said they had been trying to get a hold of me and they needed me to change rooms. They couldn't have tried to hard to contact me since they didn't call my cell phone which they had on file. I wasn't upset about not getting a cal, but was a little bothered about not getting a simple "sorry".
Someone came up to give me keys to another room on the same floor. They also didn't say sorry, but just wanted to make sure the keys worked and nobody was in the room.
My wife and I moved all of our stuff at 1am after having a few cocktails, so needless to say I wasn't that happy. We were glad to have a room with a working sink, but now we had a view of a rooftop. They didn't offer a discount, didn't offer an upgrade, didn't offer a meal at the restaurant, but they did take our view away and inconvenienced us just a bit.
The rest of the trip went pretty well with the exception of a few issues. The reception was good and lots of fun. I'm not sure who provides the for at the wedding, but there were issues with the food. Reception guests pre-selected whether they wanted beef, fish, or vegetarian dinner. There were even color coded on the back of our nameplates, which I thought was a great idea. The issue is they didn't have enough fish. Someone at our table didn't get fish even though that is what they selected. They asked for the vegetarian dish since the fish was gone. The staff said that wasn't an option either since all the pasta was gone as well. It was finally resolved. I'm not sure where the food came from, but a different pasta dish was served to the person and it wound up being delicious.
The last night in the room, it started to smell like smoke. The room was nonsmoking. The room and the stuff inside didn't smell, but the air coming from the a/c vents smelled. Even with the a/c off, the area near the vents smelled. I could have complained, but I definitely was not going to switch rooms again at 1am for the second straight day so we just dealt with it.
When we checked out the next morning, the front desk employee didn't ask about our stay, only about the wedding. I mentioned the room smelled of smoke. The response was "I will send security up so we can charge the person smoking". I guess that is great for their bottom line, but that wasn't the response I was looking for. Charging someone else doesn't help me nor does it encourage me to visit the hotel again. Overall I want to say the trip was average, but the experience was poor. The only things that were good were the company and the wedding/reception.
Just my opinion...

Room Tip: Ask for an odd number room so you have a good view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PPR123, Manager at Pacific Palms Resort, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Vacationguru1234:

Thank you for your time to write this review. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and have addressed every issue mentioned.

We certainly take great pride in the resort and regret that you had a less than satisfactory experience. We hope that, in the future, we will have the opportunity to show you that our entire staff takes great pride in delivering excellent hospitality and is typically top notch!

Thank you once again for visiting.

-Pacific Palms Resort Management
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a conference and meeting hotel is in the middle of suburbia with some good golf courses. the property looks like it has been recently renovated and it is in good shape but from a service and food perspective it is a train wreck.

Rooms
Modern, renovated, clean, good wifi, comfortable beds, great views. The unfortunately thing is that the hot water is not hot and its intentional. I complained about that and got not response for two days until I demanded a new room. They sent maintenanceup and they turned the hot water up to scalding in retaliation (seriously not funny).

The breakfast buffet is horrible - powdered scrambled egg mix (same powder mix is used in omlettes) with sausages and bacon, a few cheap fruits and assorted stale bread 0 that's it. At dinner, our food was cold. The good served by the hotel during meetings was basically what you night expect from a low-end caterer.

At best, you could describe service as indifferent. In the bar there were 2 bartenders operating at slow speed despite the bar being being super busy with a large number of meetings. It would take people 10 minutes to get these guys to look up and another 5 to get them to pour a drink. At breakfast, three of our 4 omelets were wrong. The waitress tried to tell us that we got each others orders (um, not even close).

Gym
A solid B if this was a city hotel but a c minus for the resort it calls itself - small and cramped and windowless in the basement. Not a lot of equipment and missing some absolute essentials.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great resort 40 minutes east of LA. Rooms are nice...typical for nice resorts. Good food and amazing golf. Played the Babe course. Really tight course and quick greens. Beautiful area with views of the mountains.

Only slight pain is getting from the lobby to the room elevators.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Skippacktravel:

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the food, your room and the course. We look forward to having you back to play the IKE and perhaps even a massage in our spa! :)

-Pacific Palms Management
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Whenever I visit the LA area, I try to get a hotel centralized between all the suburbs and things to do. This one is certainly a little further from downtown, but for the distance you get free parking and a golf course between you and the city. Service was good, the staff was very friendly. Only cons I can think of is for a resort, the rooms were pretty plain, although very clean, nothing special about them. And one of the nights there was a band outside on the patio playing pretty late, and the sound easily transferred up to the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pacific Palms Resort? Share your experiences!