“Very good sushi..” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Los Angeles, California
“Very good sushi..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to california sushi because I friend told me to go. The place is not very fancy but the quality of the sushi is excelent. I liked a lot the taco mexicano hand roll. Try it you next time

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Just came back from my Crunchy Roll and I want another!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I love this place! Every time I come back home for a visit, my first stop is California Sushi. It is on 3rd avenue in Chula Vista and close to many shops and a wonderful park to walk off the food. There is a great selection of food, saki and wine to keep you entertained.

Visited November 2011
Chula Vista, CA
“Consistently good sushi and bento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We lived near this restaurant across from the park on Third Avenue for a year before we tried it because it didn't appear to be "authentically Japanese" (e.g., latino sushi chefs and staff), but we've been back over a dozen times and it has become one of our favorite restaurants in Chula Vista. As another reviewer noted, the sushi is often a departure from what you find in most sushi restaurants (try whatever "house roll" they're putting together that day -- ¡que rico!), but they always have a good selection of very fresh fish and their creations are delicious.