“overrated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 401 Restaurants in Chula Vista
san diego
“overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

just an average breakfast diner. lots of canned fruit. omelettes are dry and not original, big portions. poor service, ihop or dennys is a better bet.

Visited October 2013

Chula Vista, California
“Bad Advertising = Bad Food?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Received an advertisement in the mail yesterday (Get1Free booklet). Since I had never tried The Broken Yolk Cafe and I had some time before my morning meeting, I decided to visit. Imagine my surprise that, contrary to the ad copy ("open 6:00am") just above the large bold Eastlake address, it was closed. I checked the ad and the menu I printed out just to be sure. Yep, both show an opening time of 6:00am. I saw the Broken Yolk sign lighted up from the street, but when I and two other cars parked in front of the Broken Yolk the large sign was suddenly turned off. So, I wasted 20 minutes (one way) and the opportunity to eat breakfast before starting my day based on poor ad copy. One can only imagine the same lack of care may extend to the food preparation. No excuse for disrespecting ones customers.

• Visited October 2013
Chula Vista, California
“Don't use a credit card....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came here and used a credit card we hadn't used in a month or so. Next thing we know 3 days later it was used again. We did inform the manager when we came back to eat again. The place is very crowded so the food is worth the wait. It's noisey inside and very fast paced.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Best Breakfast in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Highly recommended, a diner/cafe with fine dining ambience, minus the expensive tab....the menu boasts of a long list of mouthwatering American and Southwestern dishes. Our server Fernando, is an asset because he speaks Filipino, Spanish, French and Japanese! Last year, we went at 3:10 pm and since they were about to close (open only from 6am-3pm), they offered uf free waffles when we visit again...15 months later, they honored what they promised, and gave us huge waffles with a side dish, on the house!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chula Vista, California
“Decent food, popular shopping area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Came here for lunch w/ friends. Food was fair in quality. My burger was so big, it fell more and more apart w/ each bite! Finally gave up as it was such a mess w/ the guacamole dripping everywhere- and ate it w/ a fork as the bun completely fell apart. The soda they brought me was HUGE!
One friend ordered breakfast. The potatoes were greasy and some were black and inedible for her.
Waitress was okay, the bus boy was wonderful- he made it more enjoyable with his attention to detail.
Parking can be hit or miss in this busy shopping area.

• Visited April 2013