“Cockroaches in the room!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   699 E Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910   |
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Mexico City, Mexico
“Cockroaches in the room!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From arrival we were poorly served , we moved from room 4 times as it had cockroaches, lamps not working , cable TV not working and useless wifi. I will never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Providence
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed 3 nights! It was a clean room with a good bed and updated furnishings! The person at the desk did not know the layout of the hotel! He said my room was in the first building! It wasn't so then I went to the last building thinking that he may of meant that one! I climbed to the 2nd floor for 4 different buildings with All my luggage! I finally found my room in the 2nd building!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Oct 7th I reserved a smoking room for Nov 8,9. Clerk let the person staying in the room stay another day. Should have told person that the room was already reserved and person could have another room. We stay there 3 or 4 times a year. No waffles for breakfast, oatmeal instead. Very disappointed this time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I booked through priceline and got a rate of $45/night. I wouldn't want to pay more for this hotel. You get what you pay for, and I am satisfied with my stay. The room was small but just perfect for 1 or 2 people. Comfortable bed, tasteful decor. Nice flat screen TV with plenty of channels. Overall I am very satisfied with the price I paid.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We made a reservation for 3 through Agoda, but ended up with 1 King bed. At the reception desk we were told there was no other room available. Fair enough. Lucky us, we brought a air mattress, so one slept on the floor. But the hotel didn't even had extra pillows or blanket because the maid was gone!!

The room looked good and clean, but it was very small. We had the room for wheelchair access with a spacious bathroom. But in all honesty. You can't move in the room with your wheelchair to get there! There is no way you can circle in a wheelchair. When placing our small air mattress for one person on the floor, the room was packed! And we're backpackers, so we didn't even carry 3 suitcases.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Yuma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

We had booked two rooms and upon checking into our rooms, we found insects in the bathrooms(which is fine) but our sheets were soiled with blood stains and coffee stains which was so prominent. Also the bed spread was so filthy. We asked the front desk staff to give us new sheets so we could change it ourselves but he replied that he did not have clean sheets and he asked us if he could move us to a different room. We were so tired after a long journey that none of us wanted to move.
What was more disturbing is that when we checked into the hotel we requested ground floor but the gentleman said he had no rooms on the ground floor but when we had troubled with the rooms he was more than willing to change us to the ground floor. How did that happen????
However he did send someone with clean sheets after a long time which was good.
I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

PARESH P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are sorry to hear you had to experience these issues and will make sure housekeeping hears from our managers regarding them. This will never happen again and we hope we get the chance to show you this.
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

Definitely one of my top worst hotel experiences. This is my first time staying in a Days Inn property and if this is what is representative of their brand then they don't have to worry about me ever booking any Days Inn again.

Aside from the room smelling of old stale cigarette smoke, the raggedy/sticky (with God knows what?) furniture, the dingy looking linen on the bed and the shady looking guests...little did I know i'd be roommates with a family of bedbugs for the night. Turned on the light to go to the bathroom in the morning only to find several scurrying across the bed and pillow. Contacted management and promptly checked out as soon as I packed my stuff and got confirmation on how to get my refund.

Just stay away!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear about this experience and will make sure we look into this as soon as possible to insure this does not ever happen again to our future guests. We do our best to make sure our rooms are clean and guests leave satisfied; we hope we get the chance to better serve you in the future.

Been to Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay? Share your experiences!