“disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Las Vegas
“disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We recently booked this hotel through Hotwire. Since you cannot tell the hotel until you pay, we didn't have a choice, but the reviews were good. When we arrived to the hotel we were told that we could only have a king bed. Our daughter was staying with us so she had to sleep on a sofa in the room. There were stains on the bed cover and the bath tub had a disgusting sticky residue on the bottom. We are in the process of getting our money back from Hotwire, but I don't know how successful we will be. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PARESH P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your stay, we will make sure we look into your concerns in a timely manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Little Elm, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had read a lot of the reviews before I used my points to book this hotel, I was not expecting much. I am happy to say that it was much better than I expected. There were 5 of us staying in one room with two queen size beds. The room is good size they only problem that we had was that our sink started to back up on day two of three. To be fair I did not let the motel now until check out. I have stayed at many hotels and motels from the W to Motel 6 and this room had the biggest flat screen TV I have ever seen in a room. You can tell they have updated their rooms in the last years or two. The breakfast is just pretty much muffins, breads, and juice. Everyone was nice except for the lady that handles the breakfast room. She looks at you funny and when its 9AM she starts pulling the food in a hurry. Other than that it was a pretty nice stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are pleased to know we exceeded your expectations during your stay and that you enjoyed all the upgrades we have made throughout the years; we hope to see you again soon.
Avondale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was the WORST hotel we ever stayed at! The hotel had a 2 1/2 star rating~NOT TRUE! The jaccuzzi was yellow. The staff was RUDE! The rooms were FLITHY! Trash everywhere! The rooms STUNK! AWFUL!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PARESH P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are sorry to hear we failed to meet your standards and we will make sure we address all of your concerns in a timely manner.
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were supposed to stay in the hotel for two nights over 4th of July weekend. We entered room #144 and saw the most disgusting room ever. It had holes in the wall smelled like vomit everything was dirty. The hotel itself was covered in trash and dirty diapers. Went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager of course they had no one. This place is a slum no pride in their workers or owners. The pool and Jacuzzi were a green sewage. We were able to immediately check back out and got a refund after a long hassle with priceline. Never again will I use priceline.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay and that your room did not meet your standards, we will make sure to speak to our housekeeping to make sure this does not happen again in the future.
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel was horrible. We arrived the front door was pad-locked and I had to pound on the window as the buzzer was broken. There was a huge gap around the top side and bottom of the door (I have pictures), the allowed the bugs, warm air, and the weed being smoked from the room to the south to enter our room. The air did not work ( I asked twice to have it fixed or to please be moved, I was just told sorry to try setting it at 60 degrees. This did not work neither did the fan just to get air circulated. I asked for the corporate number I was told they did not have it. I was locked out of my room four times.

On Thursday I waited in the lobby for 20 minutes, and no one was behind the counter. Then a guy hanging out on the customer side of the counter said the manger ran across the street, he then after 20 minutes went behind the counter and reset the keys, never asked me for id just what room I was in. THe first time he tried to fix it, it did not work, I had to go back again, this made me late for the Padre game.

The final straw was coming home at 2am after a day at Disney and for a fourth time the key did not work. I had a 2 year old and a 12 year old in the car with me, keep in mind the front door is chained and pad locked, I asked him to bring me a new key to my room he said he could not leave the office. I asked to bring it to my car so I did not have to leave my small children alone he would not do that either. I asked for corporate number again because of all of the problems, and I was told they did not have it.
The wifi that I was slated to have did not work, we called the office asked for the password and we were told the account had been suspended. I could not contact travelocity because I had no wifi to connect. I was in room 131, I could not contact Days Inn as they would not provide the number to me. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the beach.

Room Tip: Avoid room 131.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us and that you incurred issues with your room and our staff. We will make sure we go over customer service standards with our staff to make sure this does not ever happen again at our Days Inn location.
West Jordan, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The rooms did not look and feel clean. The chair was dirty and stains all over it. In the pictures the rooms look better than they really are. The breakfast had no fresh fruit and your only options were a muffin, toast, oatmeal, and waffle. It did not taste good. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
We are sorry to know we did not meet your expectations and that your room was not up to standards, we will make sure housekeeping hears your concerns so they can make sure this gets taken care before your next stay with us.

Been to Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay? Share your experiences!