“Troubles During Remodel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Fresno, California
“Troubles During Remodel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have stayed several times as this particular Days Inn and the experience was very good. I was disappointed on this trip. I was on a short vacation before a business trip and I was looking forward to staying here. I think, because of their remodel, they just didn't quite have their act together.
The new rooms were richly appointed and comfortable with the tall beds and LCTD T.V.s. My T.V. didn't work and I asked the desk to send help which never came. I was surprised at this because normally the staff is very responsive and helpful. They are very friendly and eager to please.
When I am in San Diego for whatever reason, I will stay here again. I can understand the problems that can come from change and one bad experiences measured against the many good experiences I have had here make my opinion of the property still favorable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
santa clara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

It is a nice place to stay in San Diego and chula vista ares close to all San Diego and chula vista local attraction.room just recently renovetd nice room I love to stay this place.friendly staff and clean room with LCD tv.

Room Tip: San Diego and chula vista hotel good to stay
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is by no means an excellent hotel, but it met our needs and expectations just right. We needed a place to stay the night prior to skydiving out east near Otay Lake. The front desk was very friendly, the room was clean and had no odors, and it appears the room had been recently remodeled...looking quite updated in paint, bathroom decor and such.
Smallish continental breakfast, but I reminded my son that this was a true cont. breakfast that I'm used to, not the larger spreads at some more pricey motels.
Location was very close to the freeway and easy drive to downtown, Coronado island (from either direction), a few eateries and gas station.
If you need a night's sleep and a shower and something in your tummy to start out the next day...you cannot beat the price of this Days Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Ulm, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

The best mistake we ever made! We were at a conference in San Diego and thought we had made a reservation for a Day's Inn a few blocks from the convention center instead of 8 miles away - with no car. BUT, the trolley was less than a block away from the motel and was half price ($1.25) for seniors and either a 5 minute walk to the convention center or a quick transfer with a stop right across the street. No parking cost, no expensive hotel, free internet, refrigerator and microwave, adequate free continental breakfast, several good restaurants nearby, including a local pancake place and a Black Angus, as well as a McDonald's for something quick. A grocery store nearby stocked our refrigerator. We saved a TON of money and enjoyed our stay! Plus, the public transportation in San Diego was WONDERFUL! The bus from the airport cost us $1.10 each to get to the trolley stop which took us to our hotel. Rather than an expensive cab, the total for two of us cost $4.70 to get to our motel. The motel itself was pretty standard Day's Inn - not like the big expensive, more luxury hotels our friends booked near the convention center which charged for internet and provided no breakfast. Has a swimming pool and hot tub but we didn't have time to use it. I'd book there again, even if it wasn't for a convention. The trolley will take you many of the places you'd want to visit if you were on vacation! Everything was well-lighted between where we got off the trolley and the motel. The area is quite busy even in the evenings. We felt safe and very satisfied.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Indian Wells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

For what you get it is priced very reasonable. I have stayed here on many occasions and keep returning. I have tried a few other places but this one is still the best for price, value and comfortableness. The breakfast is not bad and fills you up to get a good start in the morning. The jacuzzi is kept pretty clean so that is a plus, too. Rooms are not run down.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Jade at the front desk provides excellent customer service! The room was big and beautiful, as we were told everything has been renovated before I was handed my key. It's good to know that there are still hotels with a staff that prides themselves on their customer service! -laura shafer

Room Tip: Our room was ground level in front of the pool... I know for a fact that it's newly renovated! F...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ENSENADA , BAJA CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

great value for price, the room was big and clean,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay? Share your experiences!