“SHOULD BE CALLED THE ROACH MOTEL AND DECLARED A HEALTH HAZARD” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   394 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 20 hotels in Chula Vista
Rosemead, California
“SHOULD BE CALLED THE ROACH MOTEL AND DECLARED A HEALTH HAZARD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can't believe we actually stayed in this hellhole .... it smelled terrible, the carpets were grimy and gross and stinky and the place just reeked of old body smells, mold, and mildew and the cockroaches ... watch out when you turn out the lights ... they're too cocky, if you ask me! the place is a dump ... I will NEVER even go near its vicinity ... I have nightmares now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I booked this hotel as a last resort. It was the only hotel available during the weekend for a remotely cheap price. I wish we had paid the $100+ for a better room. The location is pretty shady, but not the worse. The room was dirty. It appeared as though they did zero maintenance. The bathroom was filthy, especially the bathtub. The towels were old and stained. We're talking holes in the towels. Stained walls. No fitted sheets.
We spent $224 for two days, and because my friend had such a bad sunburn we decided to see how much staying for one more night until we headed up to LA would cost. The woman promised to give us a lower price if I went back down before she left in the morning. I went down and she charged me the $70 she promised. Our day went on as usual and when we came back to the hotel at 12 am our keys wouldn't open the doors! We went downstairs to see what was going on and was told by the employee that we still owed almost $30 on the room! When we asked to talk to the manager she argued with us for well over an hour about who we could never find somewhere in Sam Diegp for a price like that (we had stayed in Coronado for $80 and two 4 star hotels in the Gaslamp District, The Westin amd The Omni, for $100 each). She said that the woman who rang us up had made a mistake and we were responsible to pay the difference.
After an ungodly amount of arguing and her attempts to "compromise" and us explaining we were on a budget (being 19 and 21 years old taking this trip on our own dime) she told is we were "horrible people" and how could we "live with ourselves" because the woman would be held responsible for paying the difference. We were harassed like never before and all while this woman was standing in front of a sign that said "We <3 Our Cusomers!" It was completely unacceptable. I would never give this hotel my business again nor recommend it to anyone. It was an awful experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Moreno Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Last minute for 4th of July getaway. Cheap price is right. You get for what u pay!!! Towels are so old, they were very rough. There was 4 of us & only 3 towels in our room our 1st night. 2nd night, they didn't leave us any towels. I had to go to the lobby to ask for towels. The room smelled like urine. Might have been the beds. Yuk is right!! Even w/ the deodorizer we bought, didn't help. We were out all day & just slept there but still, it would be nice to come & sleep in a nice deodorized place. You can even feel the springs on the bed. no dryer, no clock. TV channels suck. Wiifii kept on disconnecting or buffering. Oh yeah & paper thin walls is correct. The ceiling in the bathroom felt like it might have caved in if it got more wet up there. It was yellow & pealing off. Scary!!! You can hear other peoples tv's or conversations & upstairs we had running kids so late @ night. Ugh! As long we were out of the hotel we had fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel uses a photo of Howard Johnsons, which it is NOT. The hotel is in a less than desirable area. Rooms are rented as housing for locals to live in. The room was a "suit". It had a small kitchenette, separate sitting area and bedroom bath combo. The room was dirty and smelled like mold/mildew. Parking is bad, as the spaces are extremely close togethere. There is a lot of foot trafic and prostitutes roaming about. Our stay lasted 3 minutes. They would not give a refund and were very rude. Spend the exta $50 and stay in a safe, clean area. This place is a dump and should be avoided.

Room Tip: AVOID Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We did't find last minute available rooms elsewhere, so we got a room here.
The price is OK, compared to other nicer hotels, and the room was big, with a fridge and coffee maker (a plus). However, the walls are paper thin, it's very outdated, rugs are dirty, and they don't seem to change sheets and towels after a guest leaves (got a very very dirty towel, with make up on, and hairs...gross!!)
The staff if very friendly, and they offer hot coffee and pastries for breakfast.
We had a non smoking room but after coming back from dinner, the halls and the room itself had a strong smoke smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is not fancy at all, however, I could open the window! So many places have the windows sealed shut so I enjoyed the fresh ocean air - lovely.

My room was clean albeit a bit worn from wear. It was a nice large room with clean sheets though.

The propreitor was kind and remembered their promise to give me a quiet room. This I greatly appreciate.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor, ocean side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were filthy. Within 20mim of being there I saw a roach on my pillow. The room has a really thick smell of old cig and who knows what else. I immediately tried to check out and the manager would not refund me. She was very rude. I ended up switching to a different room but the place is just filthy. Motel 6 down the street was much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!