“Nice to have fresh air!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   394 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice to have fresh air!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is not fancy at all, however, I could open the window! So many places have the windows sealed shut so I enjoyed the fresh ocean air - lovely.

My room was clean albeit a bit worn from wear. It was a nice large room with clean sheets though.

The propreitor was kind and remembered their promise to give me a quiet room. This I greatly appreciate.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor, ocean side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were filthy. Within 20mim of being there I saw a roach on my pillow. The room has a really thick smell of old cig and who knows what else. I immediately tried to check out and the manager would not refund me. She was very rude. I ended up switching to a different room but the place is just filthy. Motel 6 down the street was much nicer for the same price.

• Stayed April 2013
NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Didn't get very good reviews but decided to try anyway. We were there visiting someone in the navy and it is close. Ok room. Bed is hard. I would bring my own pillows. Accepts pets. Never had any problems here. Quiet and reasonable price. Not sure why it got such terrible reviews. Maybe not in the best area, but again never had any problems with anything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Stayed there for one night it was kinda ok for the price I payed the only things that I didnt like was that the mattress makes alot of noise kinda old I guess and the coffee is too strong didnt like needed more creamers .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is NOT an expensive hotel - it represents value for money (maybe not as good as some we stayed at, but you have to compete with the market in the area you are staying). The rooms are a little dark as the lounge area is closest to the window, then a separating wall to the bedroom area. Cost approx $55-$60 per night including all taxes via a website booking. Complimentary coffee and donut for breakfast, enough to get you on the road. Immediate access via location to the mexican border (in some respects we thought we might have actually crossed - although I had never been to Mexico - Chula Vista has that type of atmosphere. Nice shopping mall - Burlingtons etc nice restuarants at mall as well. Stood in laundry and watched cycle finish and collected clothes as there appeared to be a few "transient" types hanging around (might have just been overly cautious).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

The bedspreads are frayed, faded, and stained. The sheets are dingy. The tv sets are at least 40 years old. I wouldn't walk on the carpet barefoot. With the current fear of hotel bedbugs, I pulled back the covers to look at the matress pad and matress. There were spiders on the mattresses. I got back into the car and checked out immediately.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I booked this hotel last minute for my mother and grandmother who decided to make a quick visit during comicon weekend. We didn't think about the fact that it was comicon, and we were just looking for someplace cheap and close for them to stay. Their rate was the cheapest at $144/night. My mother checked into the room, and an hour later called me to find her another hotel, fast, and she didn't care WHAT the cost was! It was filthy, spider infested (all over the beds!) and the hotel personnel were EXTREMELY rude to her! Do NOT stay at this awful place! Cheap motels tend to be cheap for a reason - and this is the prime example of that. I really wished I had read the reviews on this web site first. Live and learn, I guess. But please, for the love of god, do NOT try to live out the experience of the Travel Inn Chula Vista!

Room Tip: Sometimes it's just better to pay more. Suck it up, and don't risk spider bites!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!