“Horrible accommodations! Infested with bed bugs and cockroaches!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   235 Woodlawn Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Formerly Travelers Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Horrible accommodations! Infested with bed bugs and cockroaches!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Horrible accommodations! Infested with bed bugs and cockroaches! Owner and management staff were less than accommodating! Will NEVER return or recommend to anyone!!! Worst stay ever! This place is dirty and we would have been better and cleaner staying in our car, or even in an alley! brings a ahole new meanig to a run down roach motel! The traveler inn & suites in san diego makes Motel 6 look like the Ritz! The owner and management were very rude and less than accommodating. The would not even let us have 2 additional pillows!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There isn't any spa and the pool isn't heated. The place is so nasty nothing like the website indicates. I went into rm 219 where the sheets were dirty and all wrinkled like they didn't even change them. 1st thing I noticed was the moldy musty odor and nickel size cigarette burn in the ugly bedspread. Then it was the mismatch paint on the walls with sloppy caulking/patches from fights or something. The tv sat on a night stand much lower than the tall bed. The place just was real lowlife trash. Office comment about sheets "we don't do plancha", she is Oriental and I am as white as my Irish ancesters, so why is she talking to me in Spanglish? Plancha = Iron very poor attitude/customer service. I told my BF who was out working at the time & had not seen what he paid for to do something about it, because I'm out of here. No trash for me I deserve far better than the slums.

• Stayed November 2012
sann diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

we stay in this hotel and really want to stay more days but cheryl the manager wants us to leave.there's no reason for her to get us out for we pay first hand before we stay. me and my boyfriend both work so we don't stay in the hotel until were off from work.we are quite hotel guest so we can't understand why she did this.i wish the owner of this hotel make some investigation for if not they will lost guest and income as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hemet, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a reservation online saw pictures and though not the best but thought ok would try it out. 1st location did not make me feel safe, room was dirty and had a bad dirty smell. The room did not look nothing like the pictures online. Luckily it was just one night but definetly will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were just there for 5 nights. When we arrived we had to have housekeeping come and change the sheets on one of the beds because there were hairs on the sheets. The carpet was so dirty your feet got dirty from it, sofa was dirty, and it needed alot of upkeep. I am a travel agent and will NEVER recommend this hotel to a client!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

For starters i reserved a room online. Got a confirmation drove there to check in.then was told by Cheryl i had to cancel my online transaction and pay again. Ok no problem... after a while all this is taken care of and finally i am given keys. As i park in the smallest parking space ever and walk up the dirtiest stairs i see a woman carrying a baby with another woman yelling behind her and chasing her. At this point im starting to regret this.... i stay positive and continue to walk to my room 224. As i do i walk by a room with an open door and shirtless nasty men everywhere.... ugh!!!! Then i go to swipe my room key and the door is stuck. I had to seriously break the door down. After a struggle i finally am inside to realize i made a mistake. The couch is gross the kitchen is disgusting missing appliances, no locks on the doors. Phone is old and dirty ur afraid to use it. Ughhh!!!! The people next door super noisy.... this hotel has potential, but needs serious work and cleanliness. I would not recommend nor will i ever stay here again....

• Stayed August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place was a great find. I was travelling on a budget and this hotel was a great fit. The hotel was all renovated, and the room was still clean and well kept. The hotel has a lot of amenities, a kitchen, new carpet, and new countertops as well! The location was great. Easy check in, and great customer service. I was very happy with my stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista

Address: 235 Woodlawn Ave., Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Formerly Travelers Inn & Suites)
Location: United States > California > Chula Vista
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista 2*
Easy Access Off I-5 and Minutes to San Diego Convention Center, Downtown San Diego, San Diego SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo,Knott's Soak City Water Park,Sleep Train Amphitheater U S Olympic Training Center and San Diego Beaches. 100% Non Smoking Hotel The Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area Chula Vista Offer Free Continental Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking Car or Bus ,Pool & Spa And on Side Guest Laundry. Offer include a LCD 39" TV With Primer Channel, Microwave, Fridge, Coffee & Tea Maker ,Iron, Ironing Board, Hair Dryer, Soap, Shampoo ,And Lotion, Sofa Bed And Kitchenettes Room Also Available. The Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area Chula Vista Within Walking Distance To Restaurant And Public Transportation, Such As San Diego Trolley And Bus Stations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelers Inn And Suites
Travelers Hotel Chula Vista
Travelodge Chula Vista
Travel Lodge Chula Vista

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn And Suites San Diego Area/Chula Vista, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.