“Hawaii Traveller in San Diego” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Bay Boulevard, Chula Vista, CA 91910   |
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level
HONOLULU
“Hawaii Traveller in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here 5 nights for a relaxing stay. Upon check-in we were met by Adriana's fantastic smile. The employees seemed happy and friendly here. We found the room clean and satisfactory though the room toiletries are sparse we did have a nice refridgerator. Free parking was no problem and the location of Good Nite Inn is conveniently located near I-5 on-ramps making N/S travel quick while effectively being quiet and isolated. Many food places and shopping are nearby. Prior to checking out with appreciated assistance from Sergio Luna with my boarding passes. You can get daily morning coffee and access to a microwave in the lobby.
Mahalo Good Nite Inn!
~HT~

Room Tip: We had a room facing the lobby behind some trees which kept it cooler in the afternoon sun. The onl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Your positive outlook on every aspect of your stay feels very rewarding and motivating for the entire staff. Thank you for recognizing the housekeeping staff for providing the clean room and for the Front Desk Staff providing you with places to go, see and eat. We enjoy what we do and for having you with us
Mahalo and I hope we see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We only needed a place to stay for one night and this place fit the bill in terms of price and location. We arrived a bit late on a Saturday night yet the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was a good size and all we needed for one night. We enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to include your comments. I'm glad the staff was able to provide you with a positive greeting for your late night arrival, able to assist you with any requests, and the hotel met your overnight needs, We really appreciate you and hope to see you again on your next visit.
Yuma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

06/2/13

Our room #118 was very nice and clean, But there was NO sound proofing. You heard every car door closing and you could even hear the man above us going to the bathroom. WIFI was right at $ 4.00 for 24 hours but most likely you would only be there for about 8 hours and most of that time you would be sleeping. There is free WIFI at McDonald's just a 1/4 mile across the Hwy. There is no morning breakfast and with two coffee pots in the lobby I still had to call the girl over to make a new pot. You can't miss the place , it's right next door to the men's club. ????

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for your comment about the cleanliness and appearance on the King room you were given. We really appreciate when the staffs hard efforts are recognized. Every room has concrete block walls between them, and above them. We really don't get that many comments on noise especially from above. But I'm very sorry if it interfered with your sleep or if it interfered with your enjoyment of your stay.
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I know this is a motel but this is the worst one I've ever stayed in, in my life. We got there there was a big group of guys that were either A) drug dealers or B) pimps that were just standing around. There is a strip club next door I don't know if that had something to do with it. I didn't even take any luggage into this place because of how dirty it looked and for fear that I would probably be assaulted on my way to the room. I seriously would of rather of slept in the car if the room hadn't been paid for in advance. To top it off the couple hours I used it to sleep I got bit by a bunch of bedbugs!! I regret ever staying here. I booked it out of there and never looked back.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guests, I'm not at liberty to judge people, but the safety of our guests is very important to me. I like a quiet hotel, or one where kids can enjoy the pool. I like families going out for the day and enjoying the attractions in San Diego and coming back to a clean quiet room. I do everything possible to maintain safety and a welcoming atmosphere. And any unwanted guests do get evicted. As far as any unwanted critters in our rooms, Well, as they are brought in, we will treat, we will professionally treat and we treat again! Our guests safety is very important and so is the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you for your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

this was a great hotel the staff here are very professional and helpful great location right off the freeway surrounded by a all kind of stores fast food, bars ,clubs you name it its all walking distance it was nice quite and safe with really good prices......

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for acknowledging the professionalism of the staff, and the service we provided. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of walking the area. Not only is it great exercise, but you mentioned about the restaurants so close by, the trolley station and there is the Nature Center just across from us and a Bike path great for your bikes or for walking. I appreciate your response and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Best regards,
chula vista california usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I'm a mother with a small child and I was very happy with our stay. This is a very quiet and clean hotel. The location was great.. There are stores, fast food , mall, bars and more. I didn't have a car so public trasportation was close and easy..What really stood out was that the staff was more then willing to help out and go out of there way to help and make sure that we were okay and needs were met...The service was really great . Really friendly but professional staff... I felt very safe and would stay there anytime,..!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
To our Valued readers,
I really appreciate this comment. I too am a mother, and visiting an unfamiliar place can make anyone uneasy. I am so happy we were able to provide this guest with information about the area, assisting her on where to go and getting the necessary items while staying with us. I'm so happy this guest enjoyed her stay and that we were able to assist her. We're not fancy but the service is all about our guests.
Thank you so much!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had a great stay at the Good Night Inn. Staff was very attentive and rooms were clean. The price is right for the location.Even though there were no kids activities, just down the street is a nature center I can take my son. Sylvia

• Stayed May 2013
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to include such a nice review. It sounds as if you enjoyed your stay. Our success relies on the comments from our guest and we thank you for recognizing the services that were provided, and the cleanliness of your room. We hope we can be there for your future stays.

Been to Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay? Share your experiences!