“Bed bugs & drug dealers” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Bay Boulevard, Chula Vista, CA 91910   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix
“Bed bugs & drug dealers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I know this is a motel but this is the worst one I've ever stayed in, in my life. We got there there was a big group of guys that were either A) drug dealers or B) pimps that were just standing around. There is a strip club next door I don't know if that had something to do with it. I didn't even take any luggage into this place because of how dirty it looked and for fear that I would probably be assaulted on my way to the room. I seriously would of rather of slept in the car if the room hadn't been paid for in advance. To top it off the couple hours I used it to sleep I got bit by a bunch of bedbugs!! I regret ever staying here. I booked it out of there and never looked back.

• Stayed June 2013
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guests, I'm not at liberty to judge people, but the safety of our guests is very important to me. I like a quiet hotel, or one where kids can enjoy the pool. I like families going out for the day and enjoying the attractions in San Diego and coming back to a clean quiet room. I do everything possible to maintain safety and a welcoming atmosphere. And any unwanted guests do get evicted. As far as any unwanted critters in our rooms, Well, as they are brought in, we will treat, we will professionally treat and we treat again! Our guests safety is very important and so is the cleanliness of our rooms. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

this was a great hotel the staff here are very professional and helpful great location right off the freeway surrounded by a all kind of stores fast food, bars ,clubs you name it its all walking distance it was nice quite and safe with really good prices......

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for acknowledging the professionalism of the staff, and the service we provided. I'm happy that you were able to take advantage of walking the area. Not only is it great exercise, but you mentioned about the restaurants so close by, the trolley station and there is the Nature Center just across from us and a Bike path great for your bikes or for walking. I appreciate your response and hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Best regards,
chula vista california usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I'm a mother with a small child and I was very happy with our stay. This is a very quiet and clean hotel. The location was great.. There are stores, fast food , mall, bars and more. I didn't have a car so public trasportation was close and easy..What really stood out was that the staff was more then willing to help out and go out of there way to help and make sure that we were okay and needs were met...The service was really great . Really friendly but professional staff... I felt very safe and would stay there anytime,..!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
To our Valued readers,
I really appreciate this comment. I too am a mother, and visiting an unfamiliar place can make anyone uneasy. I am so happy we were able to provide this guest with information about the area, assisting her on where to go and getting the necessary items while staying with us. I'm so happy this guest enjoyed her stay and that we were able to assist her. We're not fancy but the service is all about our guests.
Thank you so much!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had a great stay at the Good Night Inn. Staff was very attentive and rooms were clean. The price is right for the location.Even though there were no kids activities, just down the street is a nature center I can take my son. Sylvia

• Stayed May 2013
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to include such a nice review. It sounds as if you enjoyed your stay. Our success relies on the comments from our guest and we thank you for recognizing the services that were provided, and the cleanliness of your room. We hope we can be there for your future stays.
Recife, PE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The location here is a bit far from San Diego sites but as most good nite inns it was cheap and fairly clean. I think a cleaning maid must have been in a hurry because one of the rooms had a used condom between the mattress and the box. I used to manage a hotel and know that some jokers do that and if the maid is in a hurry she won't look.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We value your feedback and I'm very sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel. I can assure you it is not typical of our staff not to check between the mattresses. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and maintaining our high standards in the rooms and the property.. Our location might not be in the heart of San Diego, just 9 miles from it with a one block walk to the Trolley station that will take you there. We do offer a Waterfront view of the Bay.. We are 6 miles from Seaworlds new Aquatic Waterpark, 10 miles from the San Diego Zoo, 12 miles from Seaworld and Just across the street of the Nature Center. and 5 miles to the nearest beach. I do hope this information helps for what ever attractions other guests may want to visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with our stay. Wake up call to all the bad reviewers: it's a bargain motel! Those who are expecting the Hilton will be disappointed. Those who understand that you get what you pay for will be happy. It's safe, clean, and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm so happy we accommodated your stay and that you enjoyed yourself. We appreciate your comments and your honest opinion. Thank you so much!
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a REALLY horrible experience with another budget motel in the area the night before checking in to the Good Nite Inn, so was not convinced...

The Good Nite Inn does not pretend to be anything else than what it is, a budget motel with a really nice touch!
Professional and friendly staff, clean rooms, wi-fi access (surcharge) and decent location, just next to the Freeway.

The only two drawback was that the Internet was a bit unpredictable at times. Maybe too many users on one access point, as I was disconnected many times and couldn't log back in for a while.
According to reception staff, there is also a shortage on parking spots outside the rooms, but they have additional parking in the back.

All in all a very pleasant stay and I would definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you the service you deserve. I appreciate the nice things you said about our staff and how you reviewed us. Your comments are very important to us, and we are grateful.

Been to Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay? Share your experiences!