“Excellent stay and close to restaurants” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista

You added Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   632 East Street, Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elk Grove, California
“Excellent stay and close to restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express just off I-5 in Chula Vista, CA. A 1st class hotel. As a priority club member of HI, I was given a goodie bag with cookies, bottle water, and an apple. They honored my request for a upper floor, 4th floor. King-sized bed was very comfortable and the hot breakfast buffet is excellent! Close to Sea World and San Diego zoo. Downsides, their internet speed is really slow as I'm used to high-speed internet at home, no ice machine on every floor and elevator is slow too. Definitely will come back to this HI hotel in the future when in town.

Room Tip: Get the upper floor; ice machines is only on the 1st and 3rd floor only. A huge inconvenience.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Good Holiday Inn express standard, close to Imperial Beach surfing and upscale mall close to Mexican border. Better than average Holiday Inn Express service, with attentive management.
Location is good, and even reachable by tram

Room Tip: Nice pool but and decent fitness room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
rick o, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. It was nice to hear that our location to surfing and shopping was a good fit for you. I will share your comments with my staff. Thank you, Rick Orr – General Manager
Gilbert, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stay at Holiday Inn's when we travel and also on business. This time around was a combination of both. We had 4 children with us, got there at around 9 pm, wanted to put kids to bed, but the couch bed was not made up. Called down to the front desk to have them send someone up, but they said I would have to make it up myself. We've never been told this at any other Holiday Inn. In the morning, they informed us that our card had been declined, called our bank and discovered that they had been entering the wrong expiration date. They insisted it was our card not the expiration date. Luckily we had another card with us. The room was clean, except for the big spider we had to kill in our room our first night there. Be advised, though. There is a liquer store and a strip club next door. Not the best place for a family to stay. They do have a security guard on duty at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Ashley J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is not glamorous but is conveniently located and comfortable. Our room, a suite, was well sized for a family of four, and the fridge and microwave were helpful in heating and storing baby food. It is even possible to have room service food delivered providing the order is over $15. The security guard Franco was very helpful with luggage and also notified me that I had left the light on in the car. The hotel is quiet and clean, and we would stay here again if need be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brentwood, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I take several trips to Tijuana on business and prefer to stay in the US and cross over. I have found this to be a very convieint location. Quick trip to the border with little traffic. Exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. It is not 5 stars but it is clean, the staff is courteous and the rooms are comfortable. The included breakfast are a good start to the day. I have stayed here 4 times now and found it to be consistent every time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Corona, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my business need. I stayed there just the 1 night and couldnt have been more impressed. The hotel was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very courteous when I checked in. As a Platinum member I stay at Holiday Inn's alot and this was a good one. If you are in Chula Vista and need a nice little hotel then this one will fit the bill.

Room Tip: Stay in a room facing the back of the hotel. Not that it makes much of a difference here, I usually...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chula Vista the weekend of 2/22/13-3/24/13. Since I was driving in from Vegas, I arrived very early. The front desk staff was very friendly, and while the room was not available yet, they did put a rush on a room so it would be available ASAP. I arrived at 11am and the room was ready by 11:20am. This hotel is great! It has a minifridge and microwave in the room, along with a coffee maker. I'd definitely recommend this hotel. It has easy access to the freeway and it's about 20 minutes from the beach (as long as you don't get lost like I did! lol) They also have a breakfast every morning from 6-10. Not just pastries and fruit- eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and a variety of juices.

Room Tip: although it seems like it'll be a nice view, I'd recommend to get a room that does NOT face...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Diego South - Chula Vista? Share your experiences!