“A fun and filling night out.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun and filling night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Unlike alot of buffets, Zorbas is really good food. It's quality and quantity! Great selection of food. Definately somewhere to visit for something different in Chula Vista.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tennessee
“Typical buffet with Greek foods”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

First, I'm no expert of Greek cuisine, so I'm not likely to be as picky about whether the food is authentic or not. In fact, I probably don't worry how authentic it is as long as it is really good and priced fairly. So, that's the basis for this review. You will have to judge authenticity for yourself.
We went on a Friday evening, getting there as they were in the process of switching from the lunch to dinner buffet. Besides the price difference (10.95 lunch, 14.95 dinner), there are more options on the dinner buffet. Dinner includes the carving station with beef and lamb, shrimp, mussels, and a few other items not served at lunch.
To me, the food was quite good overall. I'd tell you my favorites, but I think I tried everything they had and can't remember their names. I do recall that the lamb was very tender, I ate plenty shrimp, and I enjoyed the dolmades. I don't recall that there was anything I didn't like. Since I'm diabetic, I can't try all the desserts, but I did get a piece of Baclava. It was very rich and decadent.
The entertainment wasn't in full swing by the time we left. There was some live music, but the belly dancers weren't performing yet.
As for my ratings: I give a 3 overall because it wasn't much more than a typical buffet. It was a good value at the price I paid for the amount I ate. The atmosphere could use a little improvement in terms of decor, and there isn't too much room to negotiate the buffet, especially when they are bringing out more food.
Will I go back? Yes, most likely. It's just a block west of the hotel our group uses each year (was Comfort Inn & Suites,changed to Holiday Inn Express on July 24) and is a good value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Casper, Wyoming
“Amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Took my family to Zorba's tonight and they had something for everyone. 8.95 includes it all except beverage, this even for dinner. Highly recommend for families on a budget who want some variety in their fare.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Greek, it is not - miss it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Roadkill !!! It was by far the worst food we ever had in anything that called itself a restaurant. Starting from mixing up the soup orders from lentil soup to avgolemono to serving gyros that were dried to the consistency of shoe soles and an unidentifiable object they claimed to be moussaka, there was nothing edible. Also totally vouid of spices.
Strongly recommend against it. McDonalds would be a gourmet choice in comparison.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“Well worth the trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We found Zorba's when we were looking for a place within walking distance of our hotel, and we ended up there on a Wednesday evening with the $8.95 buffet. Good food all around! The place has been there for 23 years, and it is apparent it's an institution in the neighborhood. Just catching bits of conversation of the other patrons around the buffet, we realized that many of them had Greek heritage -- that's a recommendation!. ("My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding" had been on TV a few nights before and, well, the conversation of a couple of the young ladies could have been lifted straight from the show.) We will definitely be going back on our next trip to Chula Vista, and we will try to catch the live entertainment on Friday and Saturday night then, even if we have to pay another $5 for the buffet.

• Visited June 2012