“Great hole in the wall Mexican food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 394 restaurants in Chula Vista
Cuisines: Mexican
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hole in the wall Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a local SD native, I have eaten here hundreds of times and I always stop in here when I back in town. The mixed burrito with cheese sauce is awesome!

Visited March 2012

69% Recommend
San Diego, California
“I Love El Patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Husband and I have eaten at El Patio for decades. The food is always tasty and fresh. Their menudo is one of my favorites. The salsa is always fresh. Everything is GOOD! The service is always quick, friendly and efficient. Craving a shredded beef taco or burrito right now. The food is true Cal-Mex border food and the beer is always cold.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Taste of Mexico right here in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The recipes are the most authentic this side of the border. There is a reason they have been here for over 50 years. It might sound inconsequential, but I love the free chips and salsa. I tried the short ribs and they are delicious. They have many entree's that are not your typical fanfare. Every time I try something new, I am amazed. I have been going about once a week for the past three months and the service is always top notch. Try their margarita on the rocks, it goes great with the chips.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Western States
“Favorite So Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Best ground beef enchaladas I've had in a long time. Hubby's chile verde burrito was the best he's had so far. I tasted and agree. The service couldn't have been better. The most attentive staff we've ever seen. They were not there constantly hovering, as the restaurant was pretty busy, but when a staff member went by and saw that we might need something, it was taken care of. Next time will try a half "Flying Saucer" which is a fried flour tortilla topped with your choice of meat, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. There was probably more, but that is what I could see being served to another diner. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chula Vista, California, United States
“Oldie but goodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This place is great for home cooking mexican food. They have mexican food that is not at your typical mexican food restaurants.

Visited November 2011

Been to El Patio? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Patio, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.