“Overnight Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91 E Bonita Road, Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Formerly Ramada Chula Vista/San Diego South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 20 hotels in Chula Vista
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is the perfect place for an overnight stay or even more than that. It's location is excellent and it's staff is very cordial and helpful. I love the pool and the breakfast. It has the right stuff, for the right price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Laura M,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are delighted to hear our hotel “is the perfect place for an overnight stay or even more than that”. We work hard in providing our guests with a memorable experience and are thrilled to have accomplished said task. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast to our guests and are so pleased you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had to live at the hotel for over a month due to a flood in our home. The staff made us feel welcome and at home while we were displaced. The breakfast was very good, the rooms were clean and well appointed, the staff was very accommodating, the parking was easy, and the freeway access was terrific. I would gladly stay here again should the need arise. The reason I didn't give sleep quality a perfect score was that the bed was a little too firm for me.

Room Tip: Rooms not near an ice machine would be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Karen C,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are delighted to hear that we have made a “satisfied customer” out of you. We work hard in providing our guests with a memorable experience and are thrilled to have accomplished said task. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are so pleased you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We anticipate your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.
Goleta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 3 nights from 7/23 - 7/26. to attend the comic-con. Rooms are clean, quiet and large enough to move around. Breakfast every morning. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Would be sure and stay here again when we return.
Solangel and Leticia very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Hendra C,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are thrilled to hear you had a “nice stay” at our hotel. We work hard in providing a memorable experience to our guests and are proud to have accomplished said task. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are pleased you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel with my youth girls softball team and have nothing but good things to say. Everyone was very accomadating and made sure we had everthing we needed. They allowed our team to use the breakfast area for a team meeting at 10pm so we could have enough room to discuss things comfortably and in private.When we had an early game the workers in the breakfast area went above and beyond to make sure our kids were able to grab some cereal on our way out in the morning even though the were not open yet. I would recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are delighted to hear our staff is “very helpful and accommodating”. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are elated to have accomplished said task. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to others and hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We spent seven nights here. Rooms are clean, quiet and large enough to move around. Breakfast every morning. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Would be sure and stay here again when we return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are delighted to hear our “staff were friendly and always willing to help”. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are thrilled you were able to benefit from it during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback regarding the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Its my first time staying here. I drove from long beach ca to this place, reserved a three night stay, with my 15 year old daughter. So we get to the hotel and its nice, clean good area. Well I asked where the pool was and they said it was out of order that tomorrow it should be fixed, ok and I mind you I checked in on Sunday. Monday I asked if the pool was fixed and they said no, well lucky for us we had family that had a pool, no big deal. On Tuesday I asked if the pool was working and they said no, ok so then I asked where the laundry facility was and they said its not working, so I asked if I could get a refund for one night so I can take my daughter to a hotel with a pool and they told me there would be a 25.00 cancellation fee, I figured ok this will be the last time I stay here, well Tuesday night I went into the bathroom and above the toilet they had some repair done on the ceiling and it was leaking, you sit down on the toilet and get water drops falling on you, the next room over I guess repairs were being done and all you hear is loud noises being made, the only thing I can say good is that the continental breakfast was ok, its free, can't complain. My problem with this is that they should of told us the pool and laundry facility were down and that if your having repairs done on a room, at least put your customers on another floor for peace and quiet. Not good business

• Stayed June 2014
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it is invaluable to us and allows us to continually improve. We are in process of getting the guest laundry facilities up and running, but have been set back multiple times due to gas line issues. Please know your other concerns are being addressed with our staff so that future travelers will not have a similar experience. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are delighted you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope that you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When I travel I have no problems with gritty places, this hotel is in a average place of San Diego. Its affordable, my room is very quiet. Everything works good, from AC to iron. The parking lot needs a cleaning asap and thats my only gripe. It looks just like the photos with some things that need touching up, I am ok with that considering if you book advance with hotwire vacations bundled with car the rates are crazy low.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are pleased to hear that “everything works good” in our hotel. We have recently gone through a $2.8 million dollar renovation and appreciate you highlighting our areas where we can improve. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.

Been to Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South? Share your experiences!