“Not high end but extremely nice for the value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   91 E Bonita Road, Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Formerly Ramada Chula Vista/San Diego South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 20 hotels in Chula Vista
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Not high end but extremely nice for the value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent seven nights here. Rooms are clean, quiet and large enough to move around. Breakfast every morning. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Would be sure and stay here again when we return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are delighted to hear our “staff were friendly and always willing to help”. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are thrilled you were able to benefit from it during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your feedback regarding the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Its my first time staying here. I drove from long beach ca to this place, reserved a three night stay, with my 15 year old daughter. So we get to the hotel and its nice, clean good area. Well I asked where the pool was and they said it was out of order that tomorrow it should be fixed, ok and I mind you I checked in on Sunday. Monday I asked if the pool was fixed and they said no, well lucky for us we had family that had a pool, no big deal. On Tuesday I asked if the pool was working and they said no, ok so then I asked where the laundry facility was and they said its not working, so I asked if I could get a refund for one night so I can take my daughter to a hotel with a pool and they told me there would be a 25.00 cancellation fee, I figured ok this will be the last time I stay here, well Tuesday night I went into the bathroom and above the toilet they had some repair done on the ceiling and it was leaking, you sit down on the toilet and get water drops falling on you, the next room over I guess repairs were being done and all you hear is loud noises being made, the only thing I can say good is that the continental breakfast was ok, its free, can't complain. My problem with this is that they should of told us the pool and laundry facility were down and that if your having repairs done on a room, at least put your customers on another floor for peace and quiet. Not good business

• Stayed June 2014
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it is invaluable to us and allows us to continually improve. We are in process of getting the guest laundry facilities up and running, but have been set back multiple times due to gas line issues. Please know your other concerns are being addressed with our staff so that future travelers will not have a similar experience. As you mentioned, we do offer a complimentary breakfast and are delighted you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope that you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

When I travel I have no problems with gritty places, this hotel is in a average place of San Diego. Its affordable, my room is very quiet. Everything works good, from AC to iron. The parking lot needs a cleaning asap and thats my only gripe. It looks just like the photos with some things that need touching up, I am ok with that considering if you book advance with hotwire vacations bundled with car the rates are crazy low.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
General M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South. We are pleased to hear that “everything works good” in our hotel. We have recently gone through a $2.8 million dollar renovation and appreciate you highlighting our areas where we can improve. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Booked and pre paid for 2 suite in advanced. Arrived 3:30pm for check-in and rooms are not ready. Check-in is horrible. Went to the room, bed sheet is dirty as well as fridge. Called front desk to have new fresh bed skirt, but they ask you to pick it up and change it yourself. Will not recommend to anyone at all. This is the first and last check in to this hotel in this area. Some Comfort Inn location are not like this.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. We are sad that we were unable to satisfy your needs. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff so that future guests will not have a similar experience. We hope you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

Been to Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South? Share your experiences!