The location of the motel and the ambience of the surroundings of the room did not seem at all pleasant. I was travelling with family and did not seem like a place that I would risk my family with.
I was charged the room charge at checkin, so when we wandered down to our room on 2nd floor, we could see towels and underwear hanging on the balconies of our adjacent room...Disgusting!!
Even basic motels does not allow such things. When we stepped in the room was really hot since the A/C was off, also the room had some weird smell along with very average bed. Could feel the neighbors talking/walking on the balcony.
The location was almost on the property of a gas station and an adjacent steak house which seemed like needed serious renovation. Would not even venture here in night time.
As such decided to wait no further and checked out immediately and went to stay at the Holiday Inn Express couple of blocks down, On the hindsight I should have just paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed there on the first place. Did not seem like it had the usual Days Inn standards. Can't believe all good reviews on the site are for this place.
Did not eat the breakfast so no idea how it would have been, so no complains about it. The breakfast area with 3-4 tables and the hotel registration desk were at the same place, so one can use the imagination I guess.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Gateway To Yosemite Hotel Chowchilla
- Days Inn Gateway To Yosemite Hotel
- Days Inn Chowchilla
- Chowchilla Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Days Inn Chowchilla, CA. We are centrally located in the San Joaquin Valley off Hwy 99 between San Francisco and Fresno. The Days Inn Chowchilla has been recognized as AAA Rated Property and 5 Sunburst, Chairmans Quality property three years running. Our property offers amenities for business and leisure travelers alike; Complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet, Complimentary USA Today newspaper, Complimentary Continental Breakfast, Microwave and Fridge, etc. We are within a short driving distance from Yosemite National Park, Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Park. We welcome you to our Days Inn and promise to make your stay, at your home away from home, as memorable and enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn Gateway to Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.