“Yummy Mexican food along Route 99” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Chowchilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy Mexican food along Route 99”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Got hungry driving between L.A. and the Gold Country along Route 99. It was Sunday, around noon, and we were near Chowchilla. Great area for Mexican food because so much of the population is Hispanic. We were not disappointed with Conchita's. There are a few tables inside, very clean, with a walk-up window to order. I tried their breakfast burrito, which they eagerly made with whatever ingredients I chose. There is also a bakery attached, but we didn't try any sweets. My burrito was very flavorful and substantial (they give you a choice of sizes). When I asked for decaf coffee, they brewed a pot for me. There were lots of wonderful choices on the menu. When we arrived (around noon), we were the only ones there. By the time we left, the place was packed with families. Part of this is surely the food (very reasonably priced, also). The other part is that hardly anything in Chowchilla is open on Sunday.

• Visited September 2012