“Business traveler great spot” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Chowchilla
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Business traveler great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

In central valley for business and went out of way to stay here for my second night.Clean and comfortable and Sam at front desk overly accomadative. Would recomend best hotel between Modesto and Fresno off Route 99.

Room Tip: High # room best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the kind words you chose to describe our property. We always try to provide the best customer service and really do care about our guests while they are away from their homes. We want to ensure we provide a clean, comfortable and safe atmosphere for all of our guests. This really is only achieved by our fabulous team members such as Sam. Thank You for taking time to share your experience.

Kind Regards,

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed for two nights recently for business in the area. The hotel was very well appointed and the staff were very friendly. My reservation was upgraded upon my arrival. Breakfast was only ok - very "Subwayish". I would definitely stay at this property again if I were in Chowchilla.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I am glad you chose our hotel and that you had a great stay. Our breakfast is a great full hot breakfast although it is a standard breakfast for all 2000 hotels across the nation. I do apologize if it did not meet your expectations. Although I am glad that overall you had a great stay and look forward to your next stay.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed only one night but the room was excellent and Jessica on the front desk was an absolute treasure.
I was on my way to Yosemite - over an hours drive away - which meant I had to get up very early to beat the sunrise; checking out early was very easy as I could just leave my keycards in the room. WiFi reception was excellent and room was furnished excellently. I have nothing but praise for my short stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest

It is a joy to read reviews such as yours. It tells us that we are simply doing our job and that our guests are getting the service they deserve. We really try to hire the best of the best customer service agents to help our guest with anything they may need. I am glad you had a great experience with our hotel and look forward to you next stay.

ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

One word....BUGS. I read reviews for several hotel/motels for the Chowchilla area before deciding to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I intentionally avoided a few other hotel/motels due to reported bug issues. Much to my disgust I woke in the morning and found bugs in the towels, on the bathroom floor and entryway.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

I do want to apologize that you did discover a couple insects in our bathroom area. As discussed on the phone with you and to give you peace of mind, they were insects given we had our Pest Control look at them and nothing else. I do want to assure you we do not have any problems at our hotel with bugs. Again as we discussed we are willing to make it right on your next stay, when you come to visit and glad to keep you as a loyal guest at our hotel.

Canyon Country, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

After checking in we rushed to an event without going to the room. It was late and we tried to get into the room and it wouldn't open. We tried several times and went down to the desk where they issued another key. Still didn't work. I waited outside the room while my husband went downstairs to the desk. While waiting, I heard voices coming from our room! I called my husband and the clerk called the room. I heard a man answer the phone. The clerk was not very professional on the phone. When she got off, she told us that we could either have a room with two beds or one with a king right next to the lobby. There was a slight "sorry" and we were told that the woman who checked us in has made a lot of mistakes. Upon checkout, they tried to charge us more for the room. First bad experience at a holiday inn express.

Room Tip: don't get a room near the lobby and breakfast room. Too noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

After reading your review I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and will definitely bring the concerns you had to my entire staff to ensure that we do get it corrected. I do apologize for the keys being made incorrectly. I also see that there were a few other mistakes and I assure you that this is not normal for our hotel. I do hope we can keep you as a loyal guest at our hotel and would be honored to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide great service with a flawless product.

San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I filed a complaint with my credit card company and they investigated the issue of the Hotel keeping my $300 deposit. After about 60 days I finally received a notice from my credit card company in my favor and they reversed the $300 charge. So the issue is resolved, but I will still not stay in this hotel again. There is a wonderful hotel just 10 minutes away in Madiera, the Springhill Suites, I will be going there from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear valued Guest

I do apologize that your experience with us was not up to your expectations as this is what we strive for, for every guest. We do have a very strict Non Smoking policy for out hotel given we are a 100% non smoking hotel and do have a $300 fee if someone does smoke in our non smoking rooms. I would like to earn your business if we can again and would also like you to know we do have designated smoking areas outside of the building. Again I apologize and still appreciate you sharing your concern with us.

Paradise, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Well maintained property, the room appointments are fantastic, house keeping staff does great job on the rooms, the breakfast is second to none for complimentary, personnel at the 24 hr front desk are always friendly and helpful, you are greeted each time you enter or exit the facilty. This evening, Jessica was very helpful with the rewards/hospitality programs and explaining the various amenities of the hotel. She was positive, upbeat and friendly. I'll being staying for the duration of my current project at Hensley Lake/Hidden Dam. Many thanks to you all for my comfortable stay away from home.
Regards
Bill

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JRP H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate the kind words you have chosen to describe our property. We really try to provide the best of the best product and quality service each and every time our guests walk into our hotel. We do have a great Full Hot Breakfast that we provide free every morning and many love it. Our staff is the heart of our hotel and truly will make each and every guest experience over the top. Thank You for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next stay.

Kind Regards.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite? Share your experiences!