“Great Hotel Near Yosemite and Awesome Service!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Clarita, California
“Great Hotel Near Yosemite and Awesome Service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The greatest experience that I encountered was during my stay at this new hotel. At the time of arrival I walked in and was greeted immediately with a very warm welcome and it began there. The entire staff is very friendly and also provided the best customer service that I have come across and I travel more then 150 nights out of the year. I had recently stayed at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas and this hotel in Chowchilla I can honestly say is very comparable in comfort, amenities, and over the top service. The staff here really cares about each and everyone of their guest and they really showed it. I was there for 2 nights with my family visiting Yosemite National Park and it was great because it was about an hour away from the park. I did not want to stay at the lodges closer to Yosemite as they are definitely not as nice as this hotel given I come to Yosemite every summer.

The rooms were something you would find in Las Vegas with the modern chic rooms. They had over 100 channels to pick from and they were all HD, that is awesome. The beds were also super comfortable the best I have come across. The hotel had a great free hot breakfast in the mornings and it was very good. I loved the pancakes and omelets too. There were many good restaurants near the hotel that the front desk staff provided us with coupons and menus for which was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area and this hotel knows what it takes to keep there customers happy and obviously it shows given both nights I was there they were very busy.

Room Tip: Very easy to book on www.hiyosemitepark.com
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
holidayinn93610, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
I cannot begin to tell you the joy my staff and I feel when we read reviews like this. It is an honor to have had you at our hotel in Chowchilla and we are thrilled that you had an amazing stay with our hotel because that is what truly matters to my staff and I. We are 100% committed towards outstanding customer service and ensuring every guest has an unforgettable experience such as yourself. We appreciate outstanding review and look forward to your future stays with our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Pros -
The rooms were super nice and the bed was comfortable
The free breakfast had lots of options (pretty standard holiday inn express offerings)
"Close" to yosemite (about 1h 45min)
HDTV with tons of HD channels
Everything was modern and clean
Pretty affordable option
Actual high speed internet (5-10mbps)

Cons-
In the middle of nowhere (nothing really do to in town)
Smoke smell in hallway (I was on the third floor) from people in the back of the hotel
Not really much healthy breakfast options
Pancake machine was cool, but they tasted like they were from a pancake machine
The pool (see note below)

Pool Note: I'm really surprised that no one commented on the pool situation, especially those reviewers with families. The pool is outdoors and not heated. There is a hot tub that is (obviously) heated. We visited this hotel in June and found that the pool was below freezing and not clean. There was a few other families there that were just as disappointed as we were. It's understandable though since I hear it does get hot in Chowchilla towards the end of the summer which would heat up the pool.
We ended up trying the hot tub which was incredibly hot. I couldn't stand the temperature, and someone else in the tub actually jumped out because the water coming in was too hot. I ended up just putting my feet in the tub and later my wife commented how red they looked and thought I got sunburnt.
You can't expect the pool to be heated, but the hot tub was honestly unbearable to sit in. I asked the front desk clerk if the hot tub could possibly be turned down (even just for a few hours) so my child could swim for a few minutes and he said that he didn't know how, but could leave a message for his manager. Nothing was done. Maybe because I wasn't a "priority club" member?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
holidayinn93610, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thank You for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our facilities to be very accommodating during your stay. I do see you had a few concerns which my team and I take very seriously and we will address those concerns ASAP!! I wish we could have showed you that there are many things in our area to do such as the Fossil Discovery Center which is less than 5 miles from the hotel. Also we have a great Championship Golf Course less than a mile away too in addition to wine trails, museums and much more.

I see that the breakfast options were not quiet up to your standards and apologize for this and hope next time we can do a better job with breakfast selections as our team is always trying to improve our breakfast and add favorable options for our guest.

The pool concern will be corrected immediately and apologize for not living up to par. I would like to inform you that being a priority club member definitely has its privileges such as earning points and redeeming free nights across any of our 3600 hotels around the world but a priority club member or not we try our hardest to keep all of our guests satisfied and provide over the top service at any given time to any guest in our hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks for work. My room was very comfortable and spotless. The fridge and microwave was appreciated, especially since I was there for so long. The hot breakfast was great. Only one day of my entire stay (a softball team was staying) was there a line/food out in the dining room. There was a great employee who kept things stocked and fresh. The desk staff was a mixed bag. None were rude, but some were definitely more friendly and helpful than others. I would definitely stay here again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
holidayinn93610, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review online. This is always appreciated as you express your thoughts, it also allows other guests to see true guest experiences. I am thrilled that you had an excellent stay and I look forward to your next visit to our hotel.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

The hotel staff was friendly. Hotel was clean and decorated nicely. Morning breakfast was good. The staff made sure things were clean and well stocked. The pancake maker was great and fast. Surrounding in hotel was quiet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
holidayinn93610, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite. I see you had a chance to experience our new Pancake machine which is a great new addition to our FREE HOT BREAKFAST. We hope that you come back and visit us soon. Thank you for the kind review.
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stay at this hotel for business and leisure as I think it is the best from Modesto to Fresno. Rooms are always very clean and staff very friendly. The morning breakfast is a nice extra though the hot portion has gone down in quality over the last year. (The breakfast Staff's attention to make sure the hot items are actually hot may be this Hotel's only flaw.) I get a good night's sleep here- especially love the "firm" and "soft" markings on the pillows.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
holidayinn93610, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
We at the hotel are happy to hear you have given our hotel such high remarks comparing us to the ample amount of properties there are from Fresno to Modesto. Although I understand you as a regular guest have seen the quality of our hot items on our breakfast bar drop over the past year. I will personally look in to this immediately as we strive to ensure the quality of our guest rooms and breakfast exceed the guest expectations at all times. We appreciate your kind words and bringing this to my attention.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Got this on Priceline. You can't expect much in Chowchilla, but this place would be excellent anywhere.

Appears to be built recently. The place was clean and the rooms spacious. There was a little freeway noise but nothing to disturb our sleep.

The beds were very comfortable with a choice of several pillows. The bathroom was ultra modern.

Breakfast was very adequate and had your choices of fruit, scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
We are always happy to see such kind words written about our hotel. We really try to ensure that our hotel is home away from home and will continue to do so. Thank You again.
Placerville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Very new, clean, quiet rooms. I have to say, one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever stayed in. Breakfast was fine, with everyone finding something they liked. Located 30 seconds from Hwy 99, so easy off and on again when leaving. Area is all new and not built up yet. Price is very decent too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate your review and will continue striving to provide Excellent Service.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!