“Reliable and good value” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chino
Hayle, United Kingdom
“Reliable and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Fifth stay, very clean and well maintained with friendly staff. This is an older property but offers good value, much better than many of a similar age that must have repaid the original investment time and time again but charge as though they were a luxury resort hotel. We have never found anything to complain about and always enjoyed our visits. Plenty of restaurants in the area, which isn't a holiday destination in itself but is an hour from LAX, handy for arriving or departing unless you have a late arrival from the UK. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony but 240 is our favourite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheryl M, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Pine Tree Motel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (909) 628-6021.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed just one night on the way to Death valley and it was perfectly fine. Friendly staff, room was fine, comfortable enough. No complaints at all although it was nothing spectacular. The town is nothing to get excited about but if you are travelling through, this is a nice stop over.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our two night stay. Room was very clean and comfortable. They even give you bottled water and cookies. Continental breakfast had lots of choices...yougurt, fruit, bagels, donuts, etc. Only down side was AC was a little noisey, but beds so comfortable we didn't have trouble sleeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Newport Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Blech, blech, blech. I am actually here at the hotel now and I have stayed in hotels for about 35 to 40 nights a year for the last several years and I have to say this one sucks the most. The room is actually not all that bad but I use the internet extensively and this hotel has internet here but they block all of the chat sites. This is not a grade school or a high school but a hotel where people like me pay money to stay in their rooms. It's outrageous to block all of the chat sites. I depend on chat to communicate with my friends and family so this will just not do.

I am also an elite member with about 4 or 5 hotel chains, including diamond elite with Best Western. I assumed that allowimg me to stay up until 1 pm would be no problem for one of their best customers. I asked if this was possible and I got a big fat no sir, we can only allow you to stay until 12 pm. With Priority club you don't even need to be an elite and you automatically get a 2 pm late checkout with no questions asked. Next time I will stay with the IHG group as they never have a problem with a late checkout.

The third thing that happened here is that I was just sitting in my non-smoking room and minding my own business and I smelled a terrible smell of cigarette smoke. Somebody was smoking a cigarette right in front of my room and it was coming in my room. When I got out of the room I saw the half burned cigarette butt on the ground right in front of my room. I didn't catch the person smoking but I shouldn't have to breathe in cigarette smoke when I am in a non smoking room. The desk clerk said that they can't control where people smoke as there are no laws against smoking except in the rooms. I thought that in California people must smoke within a certain number of feet from a non smoking building. I suppose that law is not enforced in hotels?

The last thing which is not the fault of the hotel is that my next door neighbor was having some kind of crazy party. They were banging the doors, banging on the walls and making lots of noise while I was trying to take a nap. The clerk said she would call them to make sure they stop. I think they did stop so this problem was taken care of.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There are many better choices.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids stayed at this hotel from June 8-June 13, 2012. Location is prime to the highway, walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The check-in was quick, and the staff was very friendly, and very helpful with all the questions we had from the best restaurant to estimating how long traffic will be to each destination.

Our room was large, clean, and comfy. The room had very nice queen beds that were comfortable. Unfortunately, we did not have a small fridge or microwave in the room. You have to request for a room that has it, in advance. The bathroom was outdated, but was very big. It was very peaceful to sleep at night. No complaints. The balcony had plenty of room with two chairs and a small table. It was nice to sit outside during the evening.

The room for the continental breakfast was small, and didn't have a lot of selection. We often just opted for restaurants that were around BW.

The computer in the office was very handy, especially to print out maps for destinations, and boarding passes.

The pool was small, but the kids enjoyed it. There were a lot of lounge chairs to enjoy the SoCal weather.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at BW.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a small fridge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I don’t know why I haven’t reviewed this hotel before, it’s our 3rd stay here. Each time has been great. The staff is friendly, the grounds are well maintained and the beds are very comfy. The first time we stayed we had a room with 2 queens, it looked like it had been recently remodeled.

The 2nd and 3rd time we stayed we had a king bed with pool view. These rooms have older tile in the bathroom area but are well kept. Also, both rooms we had in the pool view building have showers, no tubs in case you need one. The king rooms are large and have flat screen TVs. There was plenty of room for us, the pack & play, our son’s toys & everything else we needed. My only wish is the room had a mini fridge. I love that they have complementary bottles of water in the room for you, nice touch!

Our room was on the second floor which was great since they have big sliding glass doors you can open it and let the fresh air in. (Parents: The bars on the railings are far apart, a small child could fit through them.) We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the cool weather late in the evening. Didn’t have a chance to enjoy the pool yet but it looks clean & inviting. The breakfast selection is good, cereal, boiled egg, yogurt, bagels, etc. There’s also an IHOP down the street if you want a full breakfast.

The hotel is close to the freeway, grocery store and gas stations. We decided to drive to Downtown Disney for dinner which is about 20 minutes away.

Overall, this hotel is well kept, inside and out. The staff is friendly and although near the freeway, the noise it not bad. We will be staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: Room 254 has a good view of the pool & is far from the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice clean rooms and a small oasis in the middle of great locations of stores, food etc.
Decent area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Pine Tree Motel? Share your experiences!