“Exceptional 2012 Air Show (as usual)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Attractions in Chino
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Austin, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Exceptional 2012 Air Show (as usual)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I am a professional photographer and a life-long lover of vintage aircraft. That being said, the Planes of Fame Air Show is tailor-made for people like me. My wife and I have been attending the annual air show since 2007 and we've added it to our annual list of must see/must do events. As far as I am aware, there is no other air show venue on the face of the planet that has a greater number or variety of aircraft in the air. Because the museum is dedicated to keeping their aircraft in flyable condition, virtually everything on display is scheduled to fly in the air show. I can't think of another air show that I've attended where more than thirty vintage warbirds were launched at the same time. Many of these were extremely rare including an Fw 190, Flying Wing, F7F Tigercat, Supermarine Spitfire, and more than a dozen P-51 Mustangs. Unlike many air shows, the event is extremely well run and managed. Everything - from the parking, to the food, to the port-o-pottys are exceptionally well managed, prepared, and maintained. Despite the crowds, there is a real comfortable, down-home feel to the event. If you love old warbirds like I do, then you must attend the show next year! Oh, and by the way, you might also want to bring your camera!

Visited May 2012

Chino Hills, California
52 attraction reviews
“My kids love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Very cool selection of airplanes. You can easily spend half a day here. It's a dream for little boys (and big ones too).

“Best museum ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I've known about this museum since forever, but never took the time to go there. I finally did about a month ago and was blown away! It's amazing if you like history and aviation you'll love it! I went on a Sunday and not many people around I like how I could wander around and look inside the hangars freely, I have alot of respect for the volunteers who work there either restoring these warbirds or just cleaning the place up! I went to their annual airshow a couple Weeks ago and I literally got goosebumpshearing and seeing planes I've only seen in pictures actually flying. Check out their YouTube channel! Pofmuseum

Lake Forest, CA
20 attraction reviews
“Had to go for a class...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

But was amazed at the wide variety of planes they had on display. A great museum with great displays and information.

Visited August 2011
Corona del Mar, CA
34 attraction reviews
“Best Attraction in The Inland Empire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Planes of Fame Air Museum is the best reason to head inland from LA and Orange County.

Anyone who loves aviation or history or both, this place is a must. They have an amazing collection of airplanes. They have the planes that won WWII and a few of those that lost it. They have Hellcats, Bearcats, P-51 and some great restoration projects in the works.

We'll be back for the air show.

Visited March 2012