“Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
las vegas
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We had ants in our room and that is mainly why I had to give it an average rating. This effected how I slept and the cleanliness factor for me. The little buffet welcome is nice. Breakfast is nice too. It is just that they charge extra for it, so I am not sure it is really worth the extra charge. I will try somewhere else next time I am there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Chico, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for your comments. We will take immediate steps to remedy the ant problem you described. We take our guests sense of comfort very seriously, as evidenced by the many amenities offered, and appreciate the opportunity to resolve issues that arise. We are happy to reassign rooms, when available, as needed. With regards to the extra breakfast buffet fee referenced, in a double queen room, 2 adults and 2 children would have access to the complimentary buffet. If you believe a billing error has occurred, I would encourage you to contact Chris Coder, General Manager, as soon as possible as we are happy to adjust your charges accordingly. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Burlington, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Love the makeover. The new furniture is beautiful, beds are the best. I like that there is a fold-out couch too, as sometimes I have trouble sleeping and can go from the bed to couch & back as I choose. Store in lobby had everything we ever needed. The buffets were excellent--could easily be dinner, not just appetizers. Really nice dining room. Staff has always been so friendly and helpful. Easy to feel at home here.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Arrrived in Chico in the late afternoon after driving from L.A. Check-in was fast,efficient, and very friendly. We traveled with 2 medium size dogs and received a 'pet room'. Usually, I'm pretty leary of these rooms because they put smokers in the same rooms and most of the times they're not that nice. This room was great! No smoke smell, and wouldn't even know other animals had been in there. There is a nice little gift shop next to the desk with snak food and essentials. The room was quiet also. Great location comes into play because the Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is less than a mile walk away (it could turn into more than a mile on the way back though...). Also, my tailight burnt out and the wife got sick. Fortunately there is a Wal-Mart right across the street and I was able to get a bulb and cough medicine. There are other businesses around but becasue of the neighborhood layout, you feel like your in a residental area. Overall, great experience, super staff, and comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

The location is near several restaurants, both upscale and everyday dining. It is also very near the Chico Mall. We were a group of 24 people who used the meeting room for three days and also had some catered meals. The meals were all good except one. We had generous portions and the vegetarian lasagne we ordered was excellent. We also ordered the cheese and chicken enchiladas. Not so good - not much chicken and the cheese was very runny - I think processed cheese was used. The staff was excellent about bringing in the food on time, clean up, and freshening the room for the next day. They also have free appetizers in the evening and one free beverage - including beer or wine. They serve a hot breakfast also - be sure to ask for their sausages as they are delicious.
Light sleepers will want to stay on the non-freeway side of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Bend, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Oxford Suites knows how to empower their employees to make decisions leading to excellent customer service. We were so very impressed when we stated that our room had a slight odor of smoke. The front desk person said he would go to the floor above and below us and make sure no one was smoking in the no smoking rooms; and then he would come to our room. Within 15 minutes he was at our door (he had already checked the other floors), he immediately asked if we would like to move to another room. Another example of their customer service was when my car broke down. I went to the front desk, asked if they knew of any car repair shops. Before I knew it I had Mapquest directions (without even asking) to the two closest locations for Toyota. They really go above and beyond and seem to be thinking "What else could I do for this customer?" When my husband was assigned to work in Redding, I was very pleased to find out there was another location for Oxford Suites in Redding.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

How this place expects to attract customers I will never know.

This is a 35-40yr old building in a very busy/noisy spot that is dingy even after a recent reno/update. I mean please...

Don't believe the web site. This looks like a building Red Lion abandoned. This must be the cash-cow that the corporation cannot afford to shut down long enough to refurbish properly. They retained the stinky, dirty old carpets! They put in new doors but failed to make them fit properly and set them all to slam whenever allowed to close on their own. Wall paper was cut and pasted, to 'fix' mistakes. Trim in the bathrooms was replaced, but none of the counter tops or bath tubs! Come on people...

This place should have been dozed instead of reno'd.

The staff are top notch and very accommodating. Too bad they have such an inferior property to work with in Chico!

The outdoor pool was a nice feature for a summer visit and one that attracted me to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

Very best option in Chico. Friendly helpful staff, spotlessly clean everywhere you look. Modern and comfortable accommodations. We stayed in an Executive Suite. Breakfast is included in the hotel breakfast room as is evening wine, beer and nibbles at the evening cocktail hour. A bit further south of old downtown Chico and the University...but it is a quick hop on the 99 freeway. This place will not disappoint. I am a travel agent and believe me, we are a picky lot!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Oxford Suites Chico? Share your experiences!