“The BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Crescent City, Ca
“The BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2006

We travel to Chico frequently for family and friends visits. We lived in the area for years before moving away. The hotels in the area are well known to us and we wouldn't stay anywhere else. The service is always exellent and the rooms More the exceptable. I never worry about a clean room because they always are. My husband likes the breakfasts and it gives me time to sleep in or take time on "me". If your looking for a WELCOME to Chico on a tired from driving day, just stop here, and I know you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Castro Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Oxford for two nights in June in a block of rooms reserved for our friends' daughter's wedding. We had never stayed at an Oxford Suites before, but now I will look for one anywhere we are going. This is simply a great place to stay, no two ways about it.

The rooms are mini-suites and very spacious with a sitting area. Our king bed was very comfortable, and the bathtub deep enough to actually bathe in, unlike many motel bathtubs. Although the hotel was very full of guests of all ages for at least two different weddings that weekend, I did not hear a sound outside our room, so it is very well insulated. Additionally, Chico was in the midst of a heatwave which according to residents of the area was the worst in several years with temperatures well over 100 for several days, yet our room remained comfortably cool throughout our stay. I appreciated several other things about the room that you cannot always depend on, such as the fact there there was a nightlight in the bathroom, that the curtains really blacked out the room, that all the lamps actually turned on, and that it was very clean and well-kept. The furniture and carpet all looked good and unworn, and the bathroom tile was in good shape, not damaged or with dirty grout.

We did not use the pool but the pool area looked very attractive. The evening reception was a nice amenity with beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers, and the bartender was friendly. Two drink tickets per person were provided. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast but instead went across the street to the convenient IHOP. From what I could see, the breakfast offering was adequate. There is also an Applebee's adjacent.

I would definitely stay at the Oxford Suites again anytime we are visiting Chico, and I would put it at the top of my list in other locations.

• Liked — Spacious, comfortable room with good A/C
  • Disliked — Having to leave the nice cool room and go outside in 100+ degrees
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go to Chico in the summer if you don't have to!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

My wife and I booked a room (as did about 35 others) for her cousins wedding in Chico. The hotel was nice and a very friendly front-end staff team. If you have visited Chico, California in June you know that Lucifer himself likes to vacation there because of the insanely hot climate! But Oxford had great cooling units in the rooms and front lobby so it was easy to “cool my jets”. The location was directly off the freeway, a stones throw from a variety of shopping and eating venues and the bed was comfortable to boot! My niece and nephew were also big fans of the pool they had out back.

The only bone I have to pick with Oxford Suites is their breakfast. The eggs were obviously powdered, the potatoes were okay and the kitchen staff… well… they were in a hot kitchen in the hottest location in northern California so you can’t really blame them for being unfriendly. The breakfast did enough to get food in your system, but honestly, I had better breakfast at my middle school cafeteria in Colorado Springs.

All things said, I would stay again, but for breakfast, I would make the trip to the I-hop directly across the street from Oxford Suites. Oh and if you plan on having, going to, officiating or catering an outdoor wedding in Chico in the month of June, I strongly advise against it; unless your goal is to give all of your family and friends heat stroke!

• Stayed June 2006
SAN DIEGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed here for 4 nights to attend a dog event. A block of rooms was booked for our group and we are very grateful to the Oxford Suites for accomodating us.

The hotel was perfect in every way. The beds were gloriously comfortable with soft snuggly sheets and plenty of pillows and blankets. The other room amenities were great too.....a nice sitting area with a sofabed, coffee table, breakfast table with 2 chairs, TV, microwave, and fridge. There was plenty of counter space to set luggage and personal items on and the room was tastefully decorated and well supplied with fresh towels and personal hygiene products. And it smelled nice too!!!

The breakfast buffet was a pleasant surprise with the menu changing daily. Eggs, potatoes, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, nice selection of juices, toast, everything you'd want for a morning meal and good quality.
The evening reception was nice too.....wine or beer or soft drinks, and lots of fun snack foods....hot wings, little smokies, baby tamales, spinach dip, you could easily make a meal on it.

The location was perfect as it is right off the 99 Fwy. and just adjacent to a row of decent restaurants...Olive Garden, Applebees, Marie Callendars and it's within walking distance to a large shopping mall and a Target shopping plaza.

We were too busy to check out the pool or the fitness room or the steam/sauna rooms but they looked nice too. We did use the laundry facilities and were happy to have them available as my husband ran out of clean socks.

The hotel is pet friendly and there is a nice grassy area to relieve your dogs on. Immaculately clean, well run, friendly staff, plenty of parking... this is a class act and you won't find better accomodations in Chico at an affordable price. This is the place I will be staying whenever I'm in this lovely town.

Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2006

My family of 7 stayed at Oxford Suites for two weeks while our home was being repaired after a small flood.
We had a family suite with two bedrooms (each with 2 queen beds and pull out sofa), bathrooms, living rooms, microwave, etc. It was very comfortable! We really enjoyed the daily FREE breakfast and evening receptions.
Both my husband and I work full time and all of our children were either in school and/or daycare so the daily breakfast being "taken care of" was a real blessing! They had a wide variety each day with a different menu daily.
The hotel staff was exceptional in their professionalism, helpfulness, cleanliness and gosh even just remembering our names! It felt like we were with family but better!
We would definatley stay again and reccommend it often to collegues and out of town guests!
You really can not go wrong with this hotel.....The price is right, location is great and there is alot of activities in the town for all ages.

• Stayed April 2006
Burney,Ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

The family and I decided to spend the night in Chico to get away from the snow and do a little dining and shopping for my daughters B-day. The location is great for both these activities, very close to some shopping and a short drive to the Sierra Nevada Brewery for some great food. The front desk workers were very polite and even gave us extra hot breakfast buffet vouchers even though hotels only booked us for a double even though their e-mail showed 4 guests.The hotel could asked for $20 more for the extra guests but did not do so. I was impressed by their professionalism. The rooms are all so-called suites, but our room was only ordinary and much smaller than the average room we get in Reno all the time. It had two queens, a sitting area, a mini fridge and microwave and the smallest bathroom I have ever seen in a suite or any other room. It was well taken care of and clean. The rooms seem to be fairly well insulated as well, we had a room full of drunks(St. Patricks Day)next door and they were barely noticeable. They have a evening social hour that includes 2 free drinks and some snacks, which we found very relaxing after a long day out and about. The breakfast buffet was also above average with a decent choice of hot food and choice of beverages.
Overall the place was pretty good, I might try some other place next time but would not be disappointed if we needed to stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2006
Comptche, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

My friend and I just spent two nights at the Oxford Suites while visiting Chico for shopping. The room was very nice, a "family suite", with two king bedrooms and a sitting room in between. It was quiet even though we were right next to the elevator. The hotel is very well kept and the room was very clean. The included hot breakfast buffet was pretty good. Certainly better than most hotels provide as part of the room rate. The hotel is right by some very good restaurants and the Chico Mall is just across the street. The road that the hotel is on looks like the entrance to the shopping center but it was not at all difficult to get in and out of the hotel. Very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed February 2006

Been to Oxford Suites Chico? Share your experiences!