“Didn't even make it to 8 p.m.” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Chico
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   665 Manzanita Court, Chico, CA 95926   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Red Bluff
“Didn't even make it to 8 p.m.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I thought I'd write a review now since i'm looking for a hotel to stay in Chico for Halloween for 2010 and thought of my horrible 2009 experience here.

I'd advise against anyone staying here in general it just feels dirty. I booked my room online after I checked in i was informed both my girlfriend and i would have to wear wrist bands. If we returned to the hotel later that night without a wristband we would be escorted from the hotel by security no exceptions.

I'm 28 my girlfriend is 24, the front desk guy kept joking about us going out and getting wasted. It seemed very unprofessional. After just the check in I wanted to leave but against my better judgement we went to our tiny room for a few seconds and decided to go get something to eat and walk around downtown.

We returned to the room about an hour later and my key card would not work. I kept trying until someone eventually opened my door from the inside. They had rerented our room. I was pissed, luckily I had not put any of my stuff in the room yet or one of the seven people that were now in the room might have my laptop, wallet, phone or anything else i had brought along.

This was the end of my stay here (and any other motel 6) i went to the front desk and told them to refund my card and got a room nearby at the holiday inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I have never slept on a more uncomfortable mattress. My bf and I actually canceled our next day plans because our backs hurt so badly. The noise from traffic was terrible and our room was next to the office so we got to listen to everyone's conversation during cigarette break. It wasn't that clean, cig holes in bedspread and sheets. IT WAS AWFUL!! would not recommend

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

Our room was clean, and so was the bathroom. The only noise was the freeway, but if you leave the fan on, you can't hear the cars. We had two double beds for 54.00 (two people), so it was fine.

Stayed June 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2005

The shower was filthy. The blanket has cigarette burns. The towels were stained and had holes that you could stick your finger though. The noise was so bad from other rooms that we didn't get much sleep. The mattress was lumpy. When we complained in the morning we were told this is a motel and other guests stay here so, it is not going to be as quite as your home. The other complaints were dismissed and not commented on. The front desk staff was rude and defensive and did not offer any apology or any refund.
We were shocked by this kind of service because we had stayed at this motel a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time with a nice staff and clean rooms.
We will never again go to any Motel 6 period. The little extra money for a good room and service is worth it at another motel.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2004

The rooms at Motel 6 in Chico were cramped to the extent that if you were traveling north and you met another person in the room your choice had to be to slide between the beds. This choice was of course was also a matter of small space. There were 4 of us in the room therefore two of us had to stay in bed until the other two were finished with their showers, make-up etc. and out of the room to go to eat. All of this could have been tolerated if the rates had been reasonable. We traveled from Chico all the way back to Missouri and did not encounter another rate as expensive as we paid there. I had reserved the rooms over the internet(a total of 3) and only one pre-registered price was honored. No more MOTEL 6 for me.

Been to Motel 6 Chico? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Chico

Address: 665 Manzanita Court, Chico, CA 95926
Location: United States > California > Chico
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Chico 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Motel 6 Chico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel Six Chico
Chico Motel Six
Chico Motel 6

If you own or manage Motel 6 Chico, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.