“Great Little Business Hotel - I would recommend ESPECIALLY because of the service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chico

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Chico
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Overview:

If in Chico I would absolutely stay here again. Here are a few things you need to know....
Very quick easy check in. After checking into hotel I decided to get some dinner. This hotel is currently updating its dining room hours....

*** Service Example *** I went to restaurant and it was "closed" due to adjusting to new times.. HOWEVER - the onsite manager (didnt catch his name) took me into the restaurant and said he could have his cooks make something... GREAT GREAT SERVICE.. if you want to keep a long term customer those little things make all the difference!

I HIGHLY recommend the restaurant in the hotel "Star of India". I am a huge fan of Indian food and it did not disappoint. If you are staying at the Motel 6 next door... walk an extra 50 step and bypass the Denny's and get to this restaurant.

Rooms: Typical of a holiday inn.. clean room, flat screen tv with refrigerator and coffee machine in room.

FREE INTERNET....

Amenities: This hotel actually also has a nightclub in it as well thats pretty good size. Looks like it could be a happening spot... wednesdays kareoke night! :) In addition, hotel has outdoor pool and hot tub (very clean). They also have conference rooms as well.

Room Tip: On 5th floor.. i think all the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
orinda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We couldn't sleep in our room. The night we stayed there the heating/cooling unit started making loud clicking noises around 2 a.m. I called the front desk but the lady who answered said there was no one to look at it. She said to just unplug it. But, I was afraid that the room would get stuffy so I asked for an empty room as close as possible. We walked across the hall in our nightgowns and sweaters to the empty room. When I checked out the next day and mentioned that our stay was really bad she just apologized. You would think we should have been offered some type of refund or voucher.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
HIChico-Management, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chico, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
I apologize that your stay was not up to standards. Here at the Holiday Inn, Chico we pride our selves on exellent service. We hope that in the furture you chose to give our hotel another chance as we would love to have one.

Angela Hensley
Front Office Manager
Redondo Beach, Calif.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

This hotel accepts room reservations through Priceline.com but then treats the customers who book those room like dirt. A message to the manager: you can't have it both ways. I frequently use Priceline to book last minute rooms and I've never had a hotel treat us so poorly. It was announced to me (loudly) at check-in and check-out that I had booked the room through Priceline as if I had done something terribly wrong. Look, just take your hotel off the Priceline site, no one is forcing you to use it. Oh but wait, you need those customers, don't you? Even though the hotel was mostly vacant the night we stayed (a Wednesday), we were given the worst room by a noisy elevator. When we asked to change, we were given the other "worst option:" a room by vending and ice machines (which turned out to be far quieter since the hotel was, like I said, EMPTY). When I book through Priceline I don't expect to get the best room in the hotel or the best view, but I've never had a hotel behave like this. I'll stay elsewhere when I go back to Chico (which will be frequently to visit family). Other notes: you get only one packet of single cup coffee for your in-room coffee maker/ Priceline customers do not get the breakfast buffet that is offered to other customers/

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Hello,

I apologize that you felt that we treated you differently because you booked through a third party site (Priceline). I do appreciate your comments as they help make our customer service better.

Here at the Holiday Inn-Chico, CA we pride ourselves on excellent customer service no matter where a guest booked or what the rate the guest pays. We hope that you will give us another change when you are in the area again.

Angela Hensley
Front Office Manager
West Memphis, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

nice hotel, clean environment, go green policy, pet friendly, staff was very soft spoken, restaurant on premises with lounge was an easy access, clean rooms. will come back again and again till they keep their promises.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
California Gold County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn. Our room was very well appointed with a comfortable bed. Breakfast was free -- omelets made to order and pots of hot coffee. It was easy to find and close to downtown.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Clean, comfortable friendly staff all at an affordable price. We'll stay again.

• Stayed January 2011
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I called them to ask for directions to the hotel from where I was working and the person who answered the phone was busy but put me on hold and actually took the time to google where I was and gave me directions. When I arrived they were so nice and also gave me suggestions for restaurants nearby. The room was very nice/clean and they gave a complimentary breakfast the next morning...which was staffed by very pleasant people with not "the best" food, but it hit the spot!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
HIChico-Management, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Chico, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
We at the Holiday Inn wanted to thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had received excellent customer service from our front desk agent that had gone the extra mile in getting you directions. We value all of our guests and look forward to your return next time you are in the Chico area.

At your service,
The Holiday Inn Chico Conference Center

Eric H. Snider Diane M. Adams
General Manager Director of Catering

Keith E. Cables Camille Sutterfield
Director of Sales Sales & Catering Coordinator

Been to Holiday Inn Chico? Share your experiences!