“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Chico
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

We just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. Check in was smooth but the clerk did not go out of her way to be helpful. However, the rest of the staff we encountered were wonderful. The room was very clean, comfortable and still had a "new" look to it. It was very convenient having the microwave and refrigerator (complete with an ice maker). The sitting area was also nice for a group gathering. There's free high speed wireless in the lobby (wired in rooms) so checking e-mail, etc was convenient. A nice touch was coffee and hot tea in the lobby. The breakfast was adequate but nothing extraordinary. There were different selections each day we were there but it was not well stocked. However, it was free and we did go towards the end of the serving time. We will definitely return here on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2007

This is a clean and new-looking hotel. The room that we got was great. Its location isn't exactly central to downtown Chico, but about the only decent one in downtown is Hotel Diamond (which I would rate #1 for the area). This one, for me, is a close #2--close because they give you a kitchen and a living space for a rather low price while you have to pay about twice that for a kitchen at the Hotel Diamond. I prefer this to the Oxford Inn also, as that is a bit of an old (almost run-down) hotel that is not close to downtown either. Out of all three, I prefer this hotel's breakfast with Hotel Diamond a close second. As for service, all three hotels I've mentioned are excellent.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2006

I go to Chico California alot to see my sister and her family. I just returned from an early Thanksgiving trip and decided to stay at a new hotel for me, the Residence. IT WAS WONDERFUL. I actually cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner for seven people in my hotel room. I did get many items premade at Safeway, but the room's kitchen is so large and well equiped that I was able to cook an 8 lb turkey, heat all the premade items, and have cool drinks in the full size refrigerator. My family is not the type to enjoy eating out alot, so this kitchen saved ALOT of money and kept us spending more talking than waiting. I lo ved the hugh junior suite room. The bathroom tub is small, but exceptionally clean, as was the entire room. The kitchen is immaculent with a full size dishwasher. I will ALWAYS stay there in the future. Excellent for long stays, has a guest breakfast and c ocktail hour, but I never made those. I already had everything in my room. Wonderful bed, excellent relaxing couches and chairs, easy on and off from the freeway. Hint, stay on the west side of the building away from the hwy 99. Friendly and accompdating service. Four stars!!!

• Liked — the full size kitchen, large room and friendly staff
  • Disliked — Very shallow bath tub
  • Tips/Secrets — Choose room facing west away from hwy 99
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mission Viejo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2006

Great service, great value! We stayed in the queen-size 1 bedroom handicapped accessible room. The room is light and airy, full kitchen with a huge full size refrigerator. The bathroom was fully accessible. My only complaint is the location of the disability access rooms. They are at the end of the hallway furthest from the enterance.

Service is amazing. Our toaster didn't work and the manager brought us a brand new one straight out of the box within 10 minutes. They tried to accommodate and anticipate our every need.

The breakfast is a full hot breakfast with fresh eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles, on top of the standard continental breakfast fare. They also serve a wine and afternoon snack - one day it was mini burritos, another was meatballs. There are also fresh baked cookies available.

We heartily recommend this hotel!

• Liked — The suite and full kitchen
  • Disliked — Location of the handicapped access room
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2005

Great Place To Stay! We came to Chico's for a soccer tournament. The place is new, clean and good size suites. The management and staff were very accomodating. We reserved a two bedroom suite. We were called one day before arrival to advised us there was a problem with our two bedroom but offered a 1 bedroom and a studio suite for the same price quoted. This ended up being a good move since my little ones would not wake up each other when napping. ( We traveled with two toddlers)...
I would have not stayed at any other place! If you are looking for a clean, new, family oriented place, this is it! The breakfast buffett it's a plus.
Great savings for our family of five!
Also, It is located right next to a Funland Minigolf, batting cages and Skater ring.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

If you find yourself in Chico, for whatever reason that may be, you would probably enjoy your stay at this hotel. My wife and I stayed here while we explored the area as a potential site for a small business and I have to say that I was extremely impressed.

The people at the front desk area were probably one of the best reasons to stay here again. Every need and issue was attended to with a smile, a thank you, and most importantly, a genuine concern that we were comfortable and taken care of. The housekeeping staff always had a friendly hello in the AM, and even the Manager was genuinely happy to be there. I am always amazed at how simple and easy customer service can be if the employees are "happy" employees, and it's always contagious!

The rooms were fairly wide open and clean (they even still had that new carpet smell), the kitchenette's had everything you would need (except ice trays, but easily fixable since the machines were brand new down stairs too). They added a nice touch with having mints in a jar on the table of the room, and the floors in the kitchen area were a highly polished wood. It was a little bit like playing house again.

If you find yourself staying for more than a few days, here's a helpful hint for you as well; you can have groceries delivered to your room, just leave your list with the front desk by 8 AM and they will have the food put into your fridge and cabinets a little later on that day, as a complimentary service !(Disclaimer - Of course price of groceries are added to your bill)

The work out room was pretty small and the equipment was a little limited, but can't complain too much, it was better than most places we've stayed recently and the kids stuck to the pool rather than the inside gym.

The place has a nice outdoor pool, which you will need if you stay in the Chico area anytime between June and September as daily temps are usually near the 100 degree mark.

The cherry on top of this lovely dessert of a hotel was the "continental" breakfast every AM that included scrambled eggs, new potato's, waffles, pancakes, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit & yogurt, cereal, bottled water, hot tea & coffee, as well as bagels, doughnuts, and muffins. Needless to say, I was more than impressed with the breakfast.

All in all I thought this place was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who finds themselves in Chico, CA.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

As with the other current reviews, I would highly recommend this hotel. Great rooms, great service, and great breakfast. Furthermore, the staff was well accomodating. My computer computer was on the fritz and needed some work printed and copied. They called over to the Courtyard, sister property next door, and the Courtyard allowed me to work in their business center, print dozens of sheets and the photocopy several more. I would stay here again if I need to be in Chico for a while.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Chico? Share your experiences!