“YUMMO!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 277 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a locally owned neighborhood restaurant in Downtown Chico. We feature USDA Prime Beef, market fresh seafood, homemade desserts, extensive wine list and full bar. We have a banquet facility available for private events as well as outdoor patio seating (weather permitting).Please call us for more information or visit our website or facebook page.
Chico, California
“YUMMO!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I am not a huge meat eater, but when my husband wanted to go to 5th Street to celebrate our 45th anniversary, I could hardly say no. The filet I had was the BEST piece of meat that I have EVER had....I ate the whole thing. The prices are not cheap, but Chico is lucky to have this 1st rate steakhouse.
The restaurant gave us a special dessert for our anniversary, along with a sweet card. Will gladly go again for a special occasion.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Redwood City, California
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were able to sit outside. The service was very good. The menu variety was lovely. A bit pricey, but the quality of food was worth it...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chico, California
“Best steaks ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

5th Street steakhouse is amazing. I have been to many steakhouses all over the world and 5th street is hands down the best!!! The Nicks Grill is my favorite. I went last night and my friends had Surf and Turf and the Halibut....they were as impressed as I am with my steak.....Want a great Steak dinner go to 5th street!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Super Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I ate here with my parents, sister and 8 month old baby. We were presented with some specials by the server which were explained to us in more detail which was very helpful. We shared the flatbread appetizer which came with bree and a tasty jam, absolutely delicious. My sister and I split a salad which was lovely and fresh. I had the nicks grill which was amazing my dad had the large filet which was gorgeous and my sister and mom had different fish dishes which were also cooked to perfection. We thought we were to full for pudding but upon looking at the dessert menu we changed our minds. They also have a good selection of wines and beers, my mom is getting a taste for blue moons. Slightly on the expensive side but definitely a special place to eat.

Caliifornia
“Filet Melts in Your Mouth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I love the 5th Street Steakhouse! Every meal we have had has been excellent. Of course they are known for their steak, but even the clam chowder we had on one occasion was delicious. We took our son and daughter-in-law there for dinner. Our daughter-in-law is not a steak lover, so she ordered fish. After one bite of my son's filet she was so sorry she didn't order steak. It was the best she has ever had. The filet melts in your mouth. My husband loves Nick's Grill. The sauce is amazing. Can't imagine having a bad meal here. The atmosphere is loud, so not great for an intimate meal, but the food is always excellent and the servers are friendly. It is expensive, but our first choice for birthdays, anniversaries, and any celebration.

• Visited July 2013