“wonderful restaurant and people” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 278 Restaurants in Chico
Cuisines: Mexican
Los Angeles, California
“wonderful restaurant and people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went here on a whim with my roommate when we lived on Nord, and it became our "spot." Went here every week! Now we make the "trek" from downtown when we want really good Mexican food. The family who owns and works at this place are great, the woman always remembers us. Great salsa, great beans .. I still order off the kids menu and it's plenty to eat! Nice about splitting the check, too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Shingletown, California
“Was very pleased with this find.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although this place has high marks, upon arrival in the safeway shopping center area, the restraunt didn't appear that good. But, you can't judge a book by it's cover, they say. So we went in and the place was busy. The food smelled wonderful. There was only one waitress, but she was very attentive. Our orders were taken and each delivered piping hot. The looks of the platter of food was good. The smells even better, but the taste was the best I have ever tasted. Everything was fresh and cooked to order, nothing appeared or tasted to have been frozen. Our table had a little of everything, from the super burrito to the chicken mole and taco salads. I can't express enough how fresh and wonderful the food here was. The only bad thing I can say is that the margarita I had contained more shaved ice than beverage. But overall, the listed drinks were well priced. There were 4 of us and full dinners and drinks came to less than $50. Outstand food and very friendly folks. Next time we are in Chico, we will go back to this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chico, California
“Carnitas are great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great food. I had the carnitas and they were the bomb!!
They give you good portions. My lunch plate came with beans, rice, carnitas & tortillas.
They also included chips & salsa for free!!
The price was reasonable. I will be coming back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chico, California
“My Favorite Restaurant For Almost Ten Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Every time I am disappointed by another restaurant, I find my asking why I didn't go to La Familia.
Rosa and Wenceslau have kept their prices and food fabulous for as long as I have been eating there.
I almost always order the crispy chicken tacos, with sour cream and cilantro. (Why stray from a good thing, right?) The chicken enchiladas and chimichangas are also fantastic.
My daughter picks this restaurant when given the choice, she loves their cheese quesadillas.
This restaurant is clean, friendly and the staff treat you like you are part of La Familia.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

A very good hole in wall in a strip shopping center. Good food, good service, reasonable price and the owner is almost always there.

• Visited May 2012