“Sushi buffet!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Paradise, California
“Sushi buffet!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We all love this place! (2 adult, 2 children), it has something for every one. I only ever get the all you can eat sushi and hot & sour soup, but my family likes to explore the possibilities they provide & we never leave unsatisfied. I swear, I could never ask for a better place. For like, 12 or so dollars a person (cheaper for kids) it makes it truly worth it. They have a sushi chef onsite in his own little area that makes your order as soon as received. Just writing this review makes me want to take a trip down to Chico again for a visit!!

• Visited October 2012

Magalia, CA
“Our Favorite Asian Buffet in Chico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

There is such a HUGE selection of Chinese and Japanese items, also a sushi bar and a fantastic hibachi grill which was recently added (you select raw items from a buffet table--sea food, meat, mushrooms, veggies, noodles, etc. and bring them to the cheerful grill chef) .

While we may not be impressed with some of the fare, to quote another reviewer, there are SO MANY items that we enjoy so who cares? Our favorites: Hot and Sour Soup, Shrimp Dumplings, Dim Sum, Sushi, Seaweed Salad, Stuffed Mushrooms, and traditional beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, clam, and veggie dishes. Occassionaly there are pleasant surprises such as crab legs or calmari.

We have been going to this place for several years and think they have improved from "Very Good" to "Even Better."

• Visited January 2013
Northern California
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband & I had been craving a Chinese food & really wanted to find a good all-you-can-eat buffet. Well this town as well as several surrounding towns are seriously lacking good all-you-can-eat buffets! After reading many unfavorable reviews on Yelp & the couple favorable ones here, we decided to at least have a look at the restaurant & food before we made a decision to eat there or move on to plan B. It looked ok enough so we decided to give it a try.

Ehh, it was mediocre at best. For me the best items from the buffet were the chicken-on-a-stick (similar to other restaurants foil wrapped chicken) & the dim sum. However, the fried shrimp had an odd texture & even the won tons in the won ton soup were also odd. I was also very unimpressed with the chow mein. I am very tired of restaurants passing off spaghetti a chow mein. My husband left there with a bad stomach ache (which was written about by other reviewers as well on Yelp), most likely from the cold peel & eat shrimp (which I didn't eat). Crab legs were available but we didn't try because they didn't have any crab crackers for use (to open the crab legs). They didn't look overly appetizing anyway. We didn't try the hibachi/Mongolian bar (my recommendation if you want just hibachi/Mongolian try Hula's Bar-B-Q)

The ambiance was typical Chinese buffet look. Not good, not bad. It was quiet enough when we arrived but the later it got, the noisier & more crowded with the typical Chico crowd. They did have some strange opera music playing near the buffet area but not overly bothersome or very noticeable in the eating area. The service wasn't bad either. They were mostly attentive & took dirty plates away fairly quickly.

So while I wouldn't say it was quite as bad as some of the really bad reviews on Yelp, I seriously wonder if some of these 5 star reviews are padded by restaurant employees or ??? I didn't expect fabulous but wasn't impressed enough to return unless they make serious improvements to the food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Orland, California
“Best Asian buffet ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Did not expect much. Most of these sorts of buffets are a lot of low quality food. WOW, was I surprised. The food was very fresh. The sushi was made fresh on the spot. The cooked on the grill to your specifications. Fried food was not greasy. Price was unbelieveable. $10 for lunch. But beware, you can have all you can eat, but if you are wasteful, they will assess a surcharge. This place is a must try if you like asian food at a great price.

Visited June 2012
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Good food, good price, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I did not expect to find good chinese buffet restaurant in this area. LOL..
For a small town, this chinese buffet certainly offers a wide and good selection of food (they even have chicken feet! Well, that's a must in eating dimsum, I think). I love their chinese dumpling soup and miso soup too. You can add seaweed to both, if you like, and it taste very good.The price is also very reasonable. The servers checked on you often.

• Visited April 2012